The (2D) Ultrasound Scans megathread

I know it can't cost as much as £150 for a normal 2D scan, and if it does, screw it and go for a 4D because they cost about the same, but you get to see your baby 3 dimensionally and get a dvd and a much longer, nicer appointment - not that I had one, but I certainly covetted one! Plus I think they can see if thewre are any problems, etc more easily.

4D scans are amazing and i would definately recommend, i had one when i was 30 weeks, the experience i cannot even try to describe, well worth the money. I had mine in 2004 and the cheapest place was in Leeds to get it done, can't remember what it was called though.

Hi, I was/am also concerned about this, as I think I am 15 weeks, am going to Jessops for the first time on wednesday. for everything i think, lasting 1.5 hours. I was concerned that not had adating scan. everyone was worrying me, that I should have 1 at 12 weeks.

but I will go along on wednesday

and if anyone can tell what happens then, I will be appreciated.

hope everyone else is going alright.

x

beth29 - When you go to Jessops on Wednesday you should have your 1st scan, some blood tests and they'll probably check your height and weight.

I went back to Jessops for my 2nd scan when I was around 21 weeks, it was an anomaly scan and lasted about 30 minutes as they basically check how well the baby is developing and that all the organs are fine. Everything was great so I'm now seeing the midwife on a monthly basis (this will get more frequent soon) and I will start antenatal classes at the end of January. I might get a visit of the labour ward at Jessops but that will probably be the only time I go there again before the big day.

My baby is due in 10 days time, I had an early scan at 6 weeks, due to previous ectopic, but had the routine 12 and 20 week scans aswell, I really don;t think that they have done away with the 12 week scan.

beth29 - When you go to Jessops on Wednesday you should have your 1st scan, some blood tests and they'll probably check your height and weight.

I went back to Jessops for my 2nd scan when I was around 21 weeks, it was an anomaly scan and lasted about 30 minutes as they basically check how well the baby is developing and that all the organs are fine. Everything was great so I'm now seeing the midwife on a monthly basis (this will get more frequent soon) and I will start antenatal classes at the end of January. I might get a visit of the labour ward at Jessops but that will probably be the only time I go there again before the big day.

Hi, I was expecting to be having tests for downs syndrome, things like that. or do they not do that til later.

??

Beth29, you can opt to have these tests done around week 15.

Good luck!

Mrsb73, I'm due in 13 days. We'll see who of you or me gives birth first, I'll race you! ;o)

Hi, I was expecting to be having tests for downs syndrome, things like that. or do they not do that til later.

??

You get to decide what blood tests you are happy to have. I chose to have them all. You'll only have a proper test for downs syndrome if your blood test results show there is a high possibility of the baby having downs.

I'm 24 weeks pregnant and had a scan at 16 weeks and one 20 and 23. I also had triple tests all on NHS.

<----- Its a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll on 2nd June!

<----- Its a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll on 2nd June!

:o :o :o :o CONGRATS!!!! :o :o :o :o

Roll on 2nd June!

Many congratulations to you! I hope everything continues to go well with your pregnancy. And, I hope your little boy brings you as much joy as my lad has brought me over the years. Oh god, I'm going all soppy again! That's what motherhood does to you!!

Roll on 2nd June!

Fantastic, congratulations! I'm due on 9th March but we've decided to keep it as a surprise as to whether it's a boy or girl. I'm busting to know though.