Niche Nightclub - What about it?

D2J, why was that link of assistance??? Oh n respect to ya Nev, the music at niche is great...keep up the good work!!!

Originally posted by Nev_Wright

As a DJ at Niche I feel I must address some of the comments that have been made.

Raided regular? Not once in my 5 or so years I've had there.

As for the sort of people it attracts, 1st I'd say it attracts people from lots of different backgrounds but in response to the wannabe gangsters & chavs that might be looking for trouble.

It's all about making people feel safe and I honestly think that happens now, the world we live in has changed lots over the last 5 years and so has Niche in an effort to address this.

It may have had some incidents in the past but the important thing is they constantly worked to put it right without taking the easy option of changing music policy.

In the last year or 2 we have seen improved lighting, a new security friendly entrance, improved searches including metal detectors, new hours, a change in dress policy and increased security presence.

This is why Niche survives because they address issues and work closely with local authorities in making it a well managed venue.

Just Thought Id Add, Your My Fave D-J, I Love Your Music :thumbsup:

:P

I have been to Niche about 10 times and the music is ace, the only thing that I dont like is the trouble.

Last time we went we got searched three times going in, then just has we were going in the alarm bell went off with a red light flashing, then all the staff at the front door went running in and someone was took out with blood everywhere. And the staff wear bullet prof jackets.

Can honestly say that I didnt go in after that.

havnt niche meant to have clamped down on security??

i know theyve clamped down on I.D for all those naughty underage people who try to get in

Originally posted by OwlsChick

havnt niche meant to have clamped down on security??

i know theyve clamped down on I.D for all those naughty underage people who try to get in

Theyve been wearing bullet proof vests for years, and they started searching people years ago aswell (although it doesnt always work!)

Havent been myself, but a mate of mine went on his own and got bottled and then mugged in the toilets.

The police said after that it wasnt an uncommon occurence, especially if you were seen as an easy picking (which in his pie eyed state he was)

At one time there also seemed to be a disproportionately large amount of drive by shootings going on there as well.

On the flip side, the music is supposed to be excellent. But I am not sure how much it would be enjoyed if you spent all night staring at our shoes!

:)

Originally posted by mikebayly

Havent been myself, but a mate of mine went on his own and got bottled and then mugged in the toilets.

The police said after that it wasnt an uncommon occurence, especially if you were seen as an easy picking (which in his pie eyed state he was)

At one time there also seemed to be a disproportionately large amount of drive by shootings going on there as well.

On the flip side, the music is supposed to be excellent. But I am not sure how much it would be enjoyed if you spent all night staring at our shoes!

:)

why did he go on his own?

Originally posted by Nev_Wright

As a DJ at Niche I feel I must address some of the comments that have been made.

Raided regular? Not once in my 5 or so years I've had there.

As for the sort of people it attracts, 1st I'd say it attracts people from lots of different backgrounds but in response to the wannabe gangsters & chavs that might be looking for trouble.

It's all about making people feel safe and I honestly think that happens now, the world we live in has changed lots over the last 5 years and so has Niche in an effort to address this.

It may have had some incidents in the past but the important thing is they constantly worked to put it right without taking the easy option of changing music policy.

In the last year or 2 we have seen improved lighting, a new security friendly entrance, improved searches including metal detectors, new hours, a change in dress policy and increased security presence.

This is why Niche survives because they address issues and work closely with local authorities in making it a well managed venue.

Well Said Nev :thumbsup:

:clap:NOW TO ALL THE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT CHAT BULL YOU HAVE NOW HEARD IT FROM THE MAN WHO IS THERE EVERY WEEK SO PLEASE STOP CHATTING OUT OF YOU REAR END

Fair points about the muggings and whatever

but surely if it was really as bad as people make it out to be it would have been closed down ages ago, which it aint so it cant be that bad