Rutland Arms, Brown St

Given the choice, if it was your money you were putting in, would you put it in somewhere like the Rutland which has a decent reputation but admittedly needs a bit of a change anyway, or sink it into a pub that's been struggling for years like the Roebuck with no guarantee that it'll make any difference once you've ploughed all your cash in.

Got to applaud them (and anyone else) that's prepared to take on a pub these days. Hope they make a success of it (which I'm sure they will)

Sense!

They've just had their fingers burnt at the Boardwalk! Why oon earth would they gamble big again! ? They are intelligent folk! I'm sure they considered magna and Don valley but, instead opted for a better investment. It's not rocket science .

Tidy the place up . Train bar staff in customer service. Tweak the product. Improve social media. QED

As far as I am aware The Roebuck is still an Enterprise tied lease. A phrase including the term barge pole springs to mind.

Edited by Lurgh Mor

Went in here the other night, first time for a year or two. Oh dear. There was a big dog running round, decor looking shabby, in need of a deep clean. Generally not a very nice place to be.

Guest makapaka
Went in here the other night, first time for a year or two. Oh dear. There was a big dog running round, decor looking shabby, in need of a deep clean. Generally not a very nice place to be.

Opening a thread that says it's closing isn't great form.

Shame the Rutland got like that sounds like it's struggling given half a chance could be a nice place.

Opening a thread that says it's closing isn't great form.

You're supposed to use an existing thread, I wasn't going to start a new one. If anyone can find a better one to post Rutland stuff then put it there.

There are loads of threads where the title is outdated but they still continue.

Guest makapaka
You're supposed to use an existing thread, I wasn't going to start a new one. If anyone can find a better one to post Rutland stuff then put it there.

There are loads of threads where the title is outdated but they still continue.

Your post is about your opinion of the place - the existing thread is about a rumour that it is closing from 10 years ago.

It's just a bit misleading that's all.

Your post is about your opinion of the place - the existing thread is about a rumour that it is closing from 10 years ago.

It's just a bit misleading that's all.

It's a current thread with 2017 posts. Contact the mods if you want them to tidy it all into a Rutland megathread.

Mod Note

Insulting posts have been removed, please keep it civil.

Also it is forum policy to re use old threads rather than create new ones where possible and applicable.

I agree that the place does need attention but I reckon the new managers are likely to be reluctant to throw too much cash at it at the moment having had their fingers burnt at the Boardwalk.

Mod Note

Insulting posts have been removed, please keep it civil.

Also it is forum policy to re use old threads rather than create new ones where possible and applicable.

Sorry Esme but it is an entirely inappropriate heading for this thread. One would have hoped that Sheffield Forum admins would have more sense but as we have seen in the past ...

Certainly, reuse old threads if the topic is the same, but in this case it isn't the same. The topic of the old thread was a rumour about the place closing, the recent posts are nothing to do with this rumour so a new thread would be more appropriate. Reusing the old thread just keeps the rumour alive.

Edited by EarthBoy