The Birley Hotel closing

I know one of the cooks at Birley, and when I have been eating its been okay. I know everyone who goes in there. I dont go in anymore really, I like to go to other pubs. I agree with you rag she is a *****, I'm barred from there with a friend in there who was previously barred, she threatened to get police n everything the silly cow.

I think there will be quite a few more of the big old 'boozers' like the Birley biting the dust when the no smoking rule comes in on July 1. The only way now is to sell food and create a family environment, which really can't be a bad thing can it?

that smoking rule isit for pubs that sell food or all pubs?

Yes you are right. Terry is living in a caravan at Skeggy since thier divorce many years ago and Jackie is doing very well and taking regular trips to see her daughter on thier property in Australia!

I am a member of a disabled football-supporters club, we meet at the sherwood, about once a month, as well as having a couple of functions there, (eg xmas meal/ disco etc) over the year,

We have a meal as part of the meetings, and the landlady falls over backwards to make sure we are ok. She is very welcoming.

The food is nice, and plentiful:- they do a pie and peas supper for the meat eaters, and I have a jacket potato, as I am a vegetarian.

the serving staff are also helpful, who bring the food over to us.

It's a bit inconvenient for me, as regards getting to the place, because of where I live.

It's a 7 1/2 quid taxi fare, each way to the meetings for me, but, *shrugs* that's where the meetings are, and if we are made so welcome, why change?

Just my two-penn'orth.

he has retierd and moved to the seaside in a caravan for a quite life. Wouldn't u after all them years in that pub lol