American Football

patriots at panthers last night in exhibition. Final score 20 to 17 in favour of North Carolina. Vinaterri missed a 56yard field goal attempt in the last minute which would have tied it

I'm asking more for my husband than for myself, but where does one watch American Football here. Can you get it on cable, or at the pubs. We just moved here from the U.S. and it really won't feel like Fall without a little football to watch. Also, my husband is a crazy Dallas fan and it would really cheer him up to know he could watch some of the games.

Any place to watch Baseball here?

Thanks for any help!!

Patriots beat Indy Colts last night again 29-23 despite a porous rush defense in the first half. Brady continues the best young QB in the game. Bring on those Panthers!!!

The Packers always look good, until it counts, and then they mess it up and it all goes wrong!!

Originally posted by buck

Patriots beat Indy Colts last night again 29-23 despite a porous rush defense in the first half. Brady continues the best young QB in the game. Bring on those Panthers!!!

GO REDSKINS

We hope for a better season now they have a new coach. Well, old coach that came back. Mr. Funke is a die hard fan. He is from Virginia and lived in Washington DC for most of his teen years.

I have the hat, tee shirt and the huge fuzzy number 1 finger. He makes me wear it too.

Rah rah rah

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by SarahTodd

The Packers always look good, until it counts, and then they mess it up and it all goes wrong!!

And we don't want to see any tears from Brett Favre this season. He is such a cry baby. :cry: Nice bum though.

Funke You're worse than my wife more interested in bums than TDs! Liked the redskins with John Riggens but thats a long time ago. Virginia is a lovely state, almost as nice as Connecticut. Best regards

I am in a pool with $70.00 in the pot. I pick my winners by choosing team players that I like, colors, cities etc. I always pick the New York teams. Don't know why? I used to like Vinnie Testeverde and Jason Seahorn. I usually pick New Orleans, Miami and San Francisco too. Also Pittsburgh cos they are the Steelers and from a steel city like Sheffield. My dad's favourite team.

Mr Funke used to talk me out of picking certain teams and then damn it they would win. So he quit telling me what to do. Last season I won about 3 times. The guys used to get annoyed that I won cos I had no clue and they hated losing to a woman, especially an English one. I read the stats in the paper and either pick all the home teams or I just pick favourites. There is no inside scoop to my selections. I do like Brad Favre but I can't go with Vinnie now as he has gone to the dark side. It is not in my nature to go with Dallas. I didn't like them even before I met Mr Funke. Redskins and Dallas are arch enemies. I did vote for NE Patriots on Thursday so I'm one up already. I'd better go now and get the beer and chips ready for tomorrow :thumbsup:

I always liked the Steelers. There's a bar in town totally dedicated to them, and folks come from miles around when they play. I always had regard for the Packers, they were Lombardi's team, and are owned by the City of Green Bay. They have a terrific reputation for their interaction with the kids of the city. That is a lot better than you can say about Dallas