Unofficial Walkers Group Meet - Wed 17th January

QUEENS HEAD, 8.00pm WEDNESDAY 17th JAN

Oooh, is it that time again? Time for another Unofficial Walkers Group Meet!!

Initial thoughts are somewhere central (is it the Red Lion that everyone likes? Can't remember). Any other suggestions are welcome of course... :thumbsup:

I think Tuesday or Wednesday nights seem to be popular, so either Tues 16th or Weds 17th.

Young Master Taxman will be joining us too - see, we're all one big happy family in the Walking Group.;)

I`m up for it Honourable Leader. Let me know when and where and I`ll stay in town after work and go straight to meeting point. Can make either day, but Weds would be slightly better if its a toss up. Enjoy Sunday, not gonna make this one I`m afraid.

YAY!!! :clap:

It looks like Wednesday is the favoured day. Any ideas for a venue?

Any venue`ll be fine by me, however, at the risk of upsetting the Revenue Man, it would be nice if it wasn`t the Cask and Cutler. I don`t have suitable clothing for that type of place lol.

Anyway your Honourabliness, its your party so you can do what you want to, do what you want to.....

How about Queens Head, you can usually get a corner in there if you want a change from one of the usual places?

Maybe even the Countess Tearooms, we could hire the whole place!

You choose, venue is irrespective to me, its the company that counts :)

Queens Head it is then Scubz! 8.00pm ish.

Is that the one at the bus station? Oh, I rarely go in pubs, so wouldn't know. :rolleyes:

Bah! Bloody mid-week meets!! :mad:

If anyone wants me I shall be sat in a glum corner of Basingstoke having a little cry :(

Is that the one at the bus station? Oh, I rarely go in pubs, so wouldn't know. :rolleyes:

That's the one dear. The Old Queen's Head.

You can't miss it - it has a picture of SpiderPete on the sign. ;)

Bah! Bloody mid-week meets!! :mad:

If anyone wants me I shall be sat in a glum corner of Basingstoke having a little cry :(

Sorry... :(

Still, weekends are usually full of actual walking activity!

My husband* Taxman is joining us, as is the much-missed SHSheff too!

Should be a nice way to spend a Wenesday evening. :D

* On our walk on Sunday, Albert T Smith was sure that myself and Taxman were married or "shacked up"! Not sure how he came to this conclusion, but I have since explained to Taxman that I expect my tea on the table when I get home, and a generous amount of housekeeping money.

Still on I hope?

I understand that Bambi and friend are coming too.

Does anybody know whether you can get food there (apart from crisps aso I mean)?

Yes, it's all systems go Scubz! Not sure about food - you might be better calling in the Bankers Draft again :hihi:

It'll be good to see Bambi and friend again, it seems like ages since the Langsett Six were released!