I know I shouldn't have bragged about it...Onyx have finally blotted their copybook!

thier = there

thier = thier....geeeeez

if you make a typo you can jsut edit your post, you don't have to do a new one! or two new ones ...

Do you see? :hihi:

Apparently Onyx have one days grace on bins. That is, if they are meant to pick a bin up on a Monday and can't for some reason, then they have not breached their contract with the council as long as they have picked it up on the Tuesday.

I asked a council member about who is legally responsible for the bin on the Monday while it is outside the premesis, but strangely enough they declined to give a definitive answer...

Hmph!

Apparently it's because it wasn't out at 7am. Seriously.

It was out when they arrived, but because they saw me put it out, they knew it wasn't out at 7am, so they were within the rules to ignore it.

The lady I spoke to did, however, say that I needn't be concerned about putting my bin out overnight - I'm allowed to do that - and if the bins get knocked or blown over, Streetforce will come and clean up. Yeah. Right. :)

I don't think that it's worth trying to do ANYTHING at all that prevents problems - just be the moron the Council expects us all to be, instead. :)

It's a rather pitiful excuse, but 'It's the rules' so I will bear it in mind for the future.

how stupid is that though, do these firms not use common sense:huh:

Bins not being emptied? Its like the winter of 1978-79 again.

Now, what is the common denominator..?

something to do with that government party that's also a name for a woman giving birth ? :)

something to do with that government party that's also a name for a woman giving birth ? :)

I never voted caesarian :hihi:

regards onyx collecting extra waste from over the xmas period (if left at side of bin), because of the heavy winds many were unable to put out this extra waste and therefore still have it, accumulating more and probably half of what was in the bin anyway that blew onto their gardens. Will Onyx/veolia be collecting extra waste next time, and to be fair why shouldnt they anyway

I think that the bin men are a set of lazy, idle chuffs. They don't know they're born, they ought to have been collecting the bins in the 60's and 70's

Hmph!

Apparently it's because it wasn't out at 7am. Seriously.

It was out when they arrived, but because they saw me put it out, they knew it wasn't out at 7am, so they were within the rules to ignore it.

The lady I spoke to did, however, say that I needn't be concerned about putting my bin out overnight - I'm allowed to do that - and if the bins get knocked or blown over, Streetforce will come and clean up. Yeah. Right. :)

I don't think that it's worth trying to do ANYTHING at all that prevents problems - just be the moron the Council expects us all to be, instead. :)

It's a rather pitiful excuse, but 'It's the rules' so I will bear it in mind for the future.

So what about the reason spate of fires in bins ?

What if the bin even when full is picked up by the high winds and damages property cars or people ?