Greyhound racing - any fun?

A despicable activity that should be outlawed.

When will we realise that animals are not here on earth for our amusement?

Actually, animals are put on earth to be part of the food chain - so can we race them if we eat them afterwards?

Been thinking about going down to owlerton stadium, was wondering if anyone had been, and if so whether it is fun or a bit wierd if you're not into dogs! Sorry to show my naivety about such things but what do you actually do? Do you bet on which one is going to win or just watch? And is it smart or scruffy?

The dogs is a spot on night out you dont have to be into sport or dogs for that matter to enjoy at night out at owlerton.

Just come in clothes what you wear to go to the pub in,

you can bet as little as 50p and its easy to do they give you a racecard when you go in then you just go by each race picking the dog what takes your fancy. If its wet then bet on trap 4, 5, or 6 its easier to run on the outside than the inside when its wet try it sometime lol:thumbsup:

I have been a few times to greyhound racing, after i found out how creul it is i have stopped.

The dogs are just killed when they are not required no more, or starved to death etc heres just one fact

Dogs that have no propensity to kill are placed in cages at close quarters with rabbits. The trainers then deny the dogs food, starving them until hunger drives them to kill their caged companions. In this way, trainers awaken bloodlust in dogs that are non-violent by character.

I have been a few times to greyhound racing, after i found out how creul it is i have stopped.

The dogs are just killed when they are not required no more, or starved to death etc heres just one fact

Dogs that have no propensity to kill are placed in cages at close quarters with rabbits. The trainers then deny the dogs food, starving them until hunger drives them to kill their caged companions. In this way, trainers awaken bloodlust in dogs that are non-violent by character.

Maybe but whats your point exactley?????

if you ever kept a dog, you would appreciate them and would not support this cruel sport.

Even if you didnt have a dog and are against animal cruelty then greyhound racing is totally wrong!

Can't see the point really, it's about as useless as horse racing. And when the dogs are past their prime some are put down if they can't find homes for retired dogs. Being bred for speed, I believe they also suffer from various ailments because of the genetic selection.

Maybe but whats your point exactley?????

Cant really speak for Dear Tony but the point would seem to be is it really right to have a good night out at the expense of misery and death of animals, thats for your own concience to answer.... i know i will never go " to the dogs" again!

do they still have the banger races at owerlton? now that was a cracking night out.
yes only a few meetings this year but if u like it dont miss the 13th ov may "battle ov britain"unlimited bangers this meeting was about fully booked late last year absolutely fantastic be about 50 to 100 cars there an bet there wont be a runnin one left at end ov the day

been loads ov times good laugh had a few bets but dont go mad,me bro an a mate put 3 quid on in one race an won 96 quid paid for most ov our beer:thumbsup:

I've been a couple of times and enjoyed it. We only go for fun, not serious betting so just have a laugh.

it's a great night been a few times and you don't need to know that much about betting just pick 2 numbers and stick with them!!

or the colour you like!

The blokes we went with were being statistical and didn't win a penny while at least one of the girls i was with won each time with random bets!