Lightening Fast Ultra Broadband

Phanothingy, I don't think your proposal to share bandwidth with your neighbour would be allowed! Even if it was, you would have to run a cable between the properties and invest in a network. Unless you used a wireless network ...

Originally posted by GrahamY

Phanothingy, I don't think your proposal to share bandwidth with your neighbour would be allowed! Even if it was, you would have to run a cable between the properties and invest in a network. Unless you used a wireless network ...

There's nothing to stop you. There was a report in Computing this year about a business park which couldn't get broadband so they persuaded a nearby homeowner who could to subscribe. As he was in line of sight they set up a satellite dish to share the connection and there was nothing BT could do.

Originally posted by GrahamY

aka 802.11

That is exactly what I had in mind, a Wireless LAN access point outside the house and optimized for other street users by invitation/application.

Originally posted by DaBouncer

I was listening to the news on the radio this morning and scientists have invented a super fast broadband connection which is 6000 times faster than current broadband. Something called Fast TCP or TPC and you could download (theoretically) a film within 6 seconds.

P2P would be abused to the max!

wow! sounds COOL!! i want that... hehehe :lol:

By the looks of things it allready is.

Imagine what you could do with this new technology if it ever happens and what effect it would have on the entertainment industry.

:mrgreen:

Hmm, im not happy where this thread is going...

please dont discuss where to get P2P software, as its a grey area regarding site T&C's

Cheers.

lol, s'ok :P

Originally posted by upholder

By the looks of things it allready is.

Imagine what you could do with this new technology if it ever happens and what effect it would have on the entertainment industry.

:mrgreen:

How true!

I thought that was what the internet was all about, sharing information.

Have edited it out anyway.

Dont want to get anyone into bother.

sounds like a dodgy area.

:?