Sign in to follow this  

Story: 'Gustav Schreckenbach and the monkeys.'

As mentioned elsewhere:

Gustav Schreckenbach and the monkeys.

This story details the attempts to recreate great works of literature using intelligent animals.

No animals were harmed in the posting of this...

shame about the old lady though.

Again, I have been out, just returned and will comment later.....

I have read the first two paragraphs at this point.......it looks to be another stunner from you, Hopman. :)

I have never been envious of anything or anyone in my life, but I am starting to feel envious of the writing talents and the penetrating minds of many who contribute to this Group. :blush:

And i thought the planet of the apes was fictitious .After reading that I'm total convinced they exist . I thought it was brill........

Very funny story & conclusion, Hopman.!

I've now read it in full Hopman!

One word covers my reaction to it.... Wonderfully brilliant.

ps My secretarial monkey is a Writer, not a Mathematician! :hihi:

It reads like a very serious article from the Sunday Times thingymabob magazine, (you know, that one that’s about three and a half inches from the back.)

It is just plausible that some university is conducting this experiment right now, a notion that I find mildly perturbing.

Please, if anyone notices monkeys going missing in unusual circumstances, inform the police.

Hopman should be commended for bringing this matter to our attention in a surreally amusing manner. :thumbsup:

Very clever: I love the carriage return quip!

I do find the whole subject a little painful though, as it always brings to mind a rather badly failed multiple choice exam where my maths teacher so sarcastically pointed out that a monkey would have done better. Sad memories.

I recall the occasion when a mathematics examination was disrupted by the invigilator discovering one of the students had taken his pet rattlesnake in and was using it as an abacus.

Everyone knows that the only snakes allowed in mathematics examinations are adders.