Toilet seat

Toilet seats, should they be left up or down  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Toilet seats, should they be left up or down

• Up
    • Down
    • Doesn't matter

Originally posted by fnkysknky

I really couldn't care less - it takes all of 3 seconds to sort it out when you want to use it anyway.

I couldn't agree more! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by robh

I'm sure I heard that the seat should be down when you flush otherwise an aerosol effect distribiutes particles of ... unsavoury content (carrying viruses and bacteria) in the air of the bog which you may then inhale.

Can you inform the managers of Crystal Peaks of this please ? The new loos have a super-flush on them and spray water everywhere if the lid aint down. The wall was dripping and I narrowly avoided being drenched :(

Loo lids should be automated to close prior to flush action :thumbsup:

Ours stays down more as a dog guard to prevent her from drinking the water;)

Originally posted by t020

Simple really - men should lift the seat to urinate and then put both the seat and the lid back down when they're finished.

Women should lift the lid up and put it back down when they're done.

no i think it should be the other way round

men should put the seat down after use

and ladies should lift them both up.

because after a lady has just been it probably will be the guy going next unless she has a week bladder or drinks emense amounts.

I sit like a proper laydee to wee anyway, so I tend to leave it down.

Have the Feng Shui disposition referred to by DAB too :hihi:

It should always be closed before flushing. Flushing an open toilet causes germs to fly at least 6 ft, which would probably mean most people's toothbrushes would be within reach.

However, our main reason for closing the toilet is to prevent the cat drinking from it as he doesn't like plain tap water.:gag:

P.S. What inspired you to dig up this old thread, Don? :D

if toilet seats were meant to be up the underneath would have been made to look prettier and there would be no lid. since when things have lids the idea is to close it when not in use. this means that the seat should remain down in order for this to happen and be used in the way in which it was designed.

Why do men stand to pee anyway ? I have never known a man yet who can aim straight ! There are three males in my house and I for one am sick of getting wet feet every time I walk in the bathroom ! Do you think it is a territorial thing - you know, like cats ?

Why do men stand to pee anyway ? I have never known a man yet who can aim straight ! There are three males in my house and I for one am sick of getting wet feet every time I walk in the bathroom ! Do you think it is a territorial thing - you know, like cats ?

Becuase it is the natural position to be in.

That is like saying why do women sit down.

How old are the men, they must be either babies or senile.

If they cant aim straight at the bog, then they must be covered in it, I bet they smell lovely on a hot day. :gag:

Seat and lid should always be kept down (unless in use of course!). It's simply hygienic that way. My dad can be at my house all of an hour, but if I go upstairs the toilet seat and lid are up - what's so difficult about putting them both down? I don't want urine and god knows what else splashed all over my bathroom because someone has flushed with the lid open!

Actually men could just as easily sit down to pee as stand up - its just something they are taught as little boys. REALITY CHECK - am I actually discussing the position that people pee in on an open forum ?