Does anyone remember the group The Fortunes

yeah, no doubt they are good but its the nostalga of seeing the originals that apeals to me...still i would go and see them.

The Fortunes is a Birmingham based group. Rod and Barry the founders of The Fortunes were schoolmates at the Moseley Grammar school in Birmingham. After school the both of them made music and one of the first songs they could play was Wabash Cannonball. Later they attended The Reg Calvert Popschool at Clifton Hall in Rugby. Reg Calvert owned this popschool and he had several artists and groups in his stable. Reg also was the owner of Radio City. Clifton Hall was the place were Richard Garforth a.k.a. Glen Dale started singing together with Rod and Barry. Later on they were completed by David Carr and Andy Brown.

Sean

Last year Dave Carr (first line-up) passed away. He lived in America for many, many years and he played with famous artists such as The Ventures

The Fortunes are still going. last time we saw them at the City Hall was about 4 years ago, obviously not all originals but still great - solid silver 60's show:D:love:

The Fortunes were a poor cousin to the likes of the Beatles-on a par with the Barron Knights and Freddie and the Dreamers.

The Fortunes were a poor cousin to the likes of the Beatles-on a par with the Barron Knights and Freddie and the Dreamers.

In the 60's I'm not sure because back then I was into the Who, Jimi Hendrix and Frank Zappa but now they are good

to me the Barron Knights and Freddie and the Dreamers where comedy groups the Fortunes wasnt

to me the Barron Knights and Freddie and the Dreamers where comedy groups the Fortunes wasnt

Not intentionally but the effect was similar.

In the 60's I'm not sure because back then I was into the Who, Jimi Hendrix and Frank Zappa but now they are good

That Hot Cats LP was a good un and the Taxis Bold As Blood LP was pure psychadelia.I also enjoyed the Who especially the country rock opera ,Tammy.

That Hot Cats LP was a good un and the Taxis Bold As Blood LP was pure psychadelia.I also enjoyed the Who especially the country rock opera ,Tammy.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Good play on words. Wynette I see thee, we'll ketchup on old tymes:D

In name only, none of them are the originals which to me means everything.

i was gonna say, looking at timbuks link and the biographies not one member is an original...to me that makes them a cover a band, not an original tbh

If my memory is correct wasn't there two groups with similar names i.e. the fortunes and the four tunes?