Does anyone remember the group The Fortunes

wasnt storm in a tea cup, one of there songs?

Yes

Written by Lyndsey De Paul

i know its ingomels

We call it "Jinglebells"

I think the fortunes were actually a Rotherham band however geographically still South Yorkshire and they were a terrific band.

I was told some interesting storys about them recently with my interview (radio) with John O Hara as they used the same agents and had i same manager as far as I'm aware.

Very interesting thread.

Tanz

Used to be on at Firth Park club a lot. always packed out.

Glen now lives in a flat in Eckington, he had problems with one of his legs and had it amputated below the knee. He is doing ok though and is walking better. He used to sing on my karaoke in the butchers arms and it was always a pleasure to listen to him. He is a very likable person but dosnt talk about the fortunes much at all.

KENNY R

I think the fortunes were actually a Rotherham band however geographically still South Yorkshire and they were a terrific band.

I was told some interesting storys about them recently with my interview (radio) with John O Hara as they used the same agents and had i same manager as far as I'm aware.

Very interesting thread.

Tanz

Hi

i think you will find all the info here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fortunes

http://www.brumbeat.net/fortunes.htm

Edited by kidley
added text

Hi

i think you will find all the info here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fortunes

http://www.brumbeat.net/fortunes.htm

I have interviewed Glen Dale today regarding a radio documentry I'm doing about John O Hara & the Playboys at his bungalow.

He told me some interesting stuff but the wikipedia info is not correct and they are listed as a Brmingham band and that isn't true either.

Most of them originate from the south of England apart from one who came from Coventry, they were not a Sheffield band either.

There is not a great deal of memorabilia of his time with the Fortunes on show apart from a re-mastered beatles ticket with there name on blown up in a frame and a few albums.

He doesn't like talking about the Fortunes that much and had difficulty getting somethings out of him and I know that had I belonged in his past my house would be stuffed with memorys of my time with the band.

I have always liked the Fortunes and felt privaliged to meet him and have took renewed interest in there music.

However he is a nice bloke and never gloats about who he was and thats good.

Got news for you, they're still going - watch out for Solid Silver Sixties shows at city hall. Next ones on 29 April with the great Chris Farlowe and Wayne Fontana among others. They are worth seeing and its not only those who were teenagers in 60's - there are young people there too

Got news for you, they're still going - watch out for Solid Silver Sixties shows at city hall. Next ones on 29 April with the great Chris Farlowe and Wayne Fontana among others. They are worth seeing and its not only those who were teenagers in 60's - there are young people there too

In name only, none of them are the originals which to me means everything.

In name only, none of them are the originals which to me means everything.

I go and see these groups regularly and Tremeloes still have two and DD,D.B.M AND T until sad loss of Dave Dee they had all originals. many still have originals. In Fortunes case they are, admittedly, not originals but are definitely worth seeing - Bob Jackson (of Badfinger) is excellent and has most amazing voice

Edited by denlin