Does anyone remember the group The Fortunes

going to the one in june in Crowle.......the funny thing is the gig is on 2 june........i was born 2 june and i lived in Crowle a few years as a lad......its a funny old world.

Can't get it to work properly on my computer, not enough grunt,but the title sounds right, I've just tried several sites so I can listen to it, but haven't succeeded yet, not too good with these things, anyone know the name of the bloke that wrote it?

Was written by Roger Greenaway and Roger Cook, leading songwriting team aka David and Jonathan, with Cook also being lead vocals in Blue Mink.

Rod Allen, Michael Smitham, Paul Hooper and Bob Jackson - where are they now then? Fantastic group.

Original line-up was

Rod Allen

Glenn Dale

Barry Pritchard

David Carr

Andy Brown

Was written by Roger Greenaway and Roger Cook, leading songwriting team aka David and Jonathan, with Cook also being lead vocals in Blue Mink.

Thanks for that info t/h, I'm now wondering whether it was them that sang at our wedding, 23/10/65, I guess we will never know, one thing for sure, they were not bull***t artists & had nothing to prove & one of them said he had written it.

I was in the RAF with Gary's brother Rod Fletcher, who I was best man at his wedding in Singapore .I remember him showing me pictures of Glen Dale and the Candies featuring his brother Gary,(original Fortunes drummer) who I have never met , but would like to get in touch as I am involved in the music business and would like to find his brother Rod , anybody got any ideas ?

does any one remember the group The Fortunes in the 60's in Sheffield?????????????????????????????:

my mate still roadies with them Glen Dale [lead singer] still sings around sheffield pubs I think he's registerd with C B agency who run the mercury paper for groups around the sheffield region

Saw them on tour in Nantwich March, 2007. Very good indeed. Also on the bill were the Dreamers - also very entertaining.

I'm sure I saw the Fortunes at what was Baileys in the mid 70s. I was about 17/18 at the time! Used to go with a friend of mine Susan Daley. Not heard from her for donkeys years! If anyone knows her please let me know. She married Ernest somebody or other but know she's divorced now.

I was in the RAF with Gary's brother Rod Fletcher, who I was best man at his wedding in Singapore .I remember him showing me pictures of Glen Dale and the Candies featuring his brother Gary,(original Fortunes drummer) who I have never met , but would like to get in touch as I am involved in the music business and would like to find his brother Rod , anybody got any ideas ?

I remember Gary he played in a Band with me for a few weeks..Then he went to work as a porter in a Hostpital in Rotherham ..He then lived in Prince of Wales Rd..He married a very pretty girl who was one of twins he met in Scotland while playing for the Fourtunes...This was about 1969....He was from Birmingham and he was a great Drummer, he used to drum for Paul Raven..a.k.n.a. Paul Gadd / Gary Glitter.

As a drummer I worked with Glen Dale loads of times, a great bloke and a real pro. The last I heard a year or so ago, he was living on the mobile home site at Marsh Lane. He once told me a story that not long after the Fortunes days, he was hired to sing on a commercial for Coca Cola. He was offered a fee for the day or royalties, he took the fee after being told they might not use it. They did use it and it played all over the world and was hugely popular so he didn't make another dime out of it. Anyone remember it?