Does anyone remember the group The Fortunes

skippy....it could have been my dad...he used to do clubs upto the late 80's from the 60's

pavlo, we were having trouble finding somewhere to have our wedding reception, a mate of mine owned the Crown Inn on Carlisle Rd at Grimesthorpe & said we could have the room upstairs free, he then asked if we would like some music, he knew this bloke who played with the Fortunes &

said he would be bringing a friend along to keep him company,all I had to do was pay for their drinks.

It's so long ago now that I can't remember his name or what he looked like, but he was good, a very quiet natured fellow & very shy.

my dad was a little shy.....he played the guitar mainly but played a hole host of things

In 1965 an ex member of the fortunes sang & played piano at our wedding reception, he had a mate singing with him, I don't know his name as the landlord of the pub organised it, & all it cost me was the drinks for the 2 of them all night.

They sang a song that this bloke had written called something like little golden band, a good song for the reception.

Could it have been 'This Golden Ring'? A big hit for The Fortunes which can hear on Youtube. Not allowed to post link though.

cheers for that....i just been on you tube.......brill......you got your troubles also

Can't get it to work properly on my computer, not enough grunt,but the title sounds right, I've just tried several sites so I can listen to it, but haven't succeeded yet, not too good with these things, anyone know the name of the bloke that wrote it?

My father inlaw was a commitee man at the Arundel Club in the 60s & the Fortunes went home with him & had some sunday lunch at their house,my wife's claim to fame.

tosh13 does he remember there names...if so pm me if you like.....im trying to find out info on my dad

tosh13 does he remember there names...if so pm me if you like.....im trying to find out info on my dad

Sorry P he died some years ago & my wife was young at the time.

just found the names for you. Rod Allen, Michael Smitham, Paul Hooper and Bob Jackson.

Could it have been 'This Golden Ring'? A big hit for The Fortunes which can hear on Youtube. Not allowed to post link though.

Finally got it, sounds familiar although it's been 43 years since the bloke sang it with the piano & his mate, just got to find out who the writer of the song was now, that would be the bloke who played at our wedding.

That could be your job pavlo, I'm no good at these things.

Rod Allen, Michael Smitham, Paul Hooper and Bob Jackson - where are they now then? Fantastic group.

Forgot to say a lot of 60s groups are on the holiday camp circuit. Any news of The Fortunes doing this sort of thing?

Forgot to say a lot of 60s groups are on the holiday camp circuit. Any news of The Fortunes doing this sort of thing?

Suprise Suprise..They are still on the go here are the 2007 tour dates .

http://www.thefortunes.co.uk