Does anyone remember the group The Fortunes

does any one remember the group The Fortunes in the 60's in Sheffield?????????????????????????????:

I remember them very well. You've got your troubles, I've got mine. Brilliant group of the mid sixties.

yep my fav track is you've got your troubles

I think 1965 was a good year for them.. They then kept a low profile for a few years and re-emerged around 1971 with another hit or two.

I used to work with Glen Dale from 'The Fortunes' around twenty years ago.

He was a vehicle electrician at the compnay where I worked and was a great bloke, I believe he's still singing at different places aroun the UK.

im trying to find out if anyone knew my dad,he had alot to do with the fortunes.his name was anthony ford or better known as tony.its just a shot in the dark.

I used to work with Glen Dale from 'The Fortunes' around twenty years ago.

He was a vehicle electrician at the compnay where I worked and was a great bloke, I believe he's still singing at different places aroun the UK.

I remember when "The Fourtunes" split up....For some reason after their first success in the recording business the main singer "Glen Dale" left with the drummer "Gary" and they formed a new band it was called "Glen Dale and the Candies" I believe Glen told the band he would split all earings 50-50 what he meant was 50% for him and the other 50% shared amongst the rest of the band..So the band didn't last very long..and Glen went solo on the Clubs...The original "Fourtunes" went ahead and hired another singer and drummer and carried on as usual to great success...Gary became the drummer in another short lived band called "The Connection" the band members were "Vernon Nash"(Ex Joe Cocker on Keyboards) "Barry" (Ex Oharas Playboys on guitar) "John Burdon" ( from London lead vocals) & Gary and Me on Bass and Drums....We tried to bring a new style of Music to Sheffield ..But most audiences didn't like us so we split as well.... Thats Life

im trying to find out if anyone knew my dad,he had alot to do with the fortunes.his name was anthony ford or better known as tony.its just a shot in the dark.
Was He a Grocer from Shiregreen???

don't know.....all i know is he was in army round the time.i think he was with them when they were doin the circuits

The ex wife of one of the group lives in Swallownest;not sure which one tho'.

In 1965 an ex member of the fortunes sang & played piano at our wedding reception, he had a mate singing with him, I don't know his name as the landlord of the pub organised it, & all it cost me was the drinks for the 2 of them all night.

They sang a song that this bloke had written called something like little golden band, a good song for the reception.

skippy....it could have been my dad...he used to do clubs upto the late 80's from the 60's