Does anyone remember the group The Fortunes

Glen Dale passed away aged 75..  RIP Glen.

20 hours ago, Padders said:

Glen Dale passed away aged 75..  RIP Glen.

He was 79.

On 29/05/2013 at 16:40, spingoboy said:

wilf had 2 shops, one by Bellhouse wmc, and one with gordon lister, on nether shire..." smith and lister"

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 16:46 ----------

lived just down from the churc and had a son who went to school with us...

I remember them well he also had a coach and ran trips to the seaside to.They also ran the youth club at St christophers church on Bellhouse road and they used to get all the top groups there it would cost you 12 pence to get in to see these groups.Would not happen now .Can remember seeing the Mersey beats there and Jonny Kid and the pirates to.I to go to Butlins on sixties week ends they are great good to see the old groups still playing not all original but a fair few members are.Saw the Fortunes there but in the early days i used to see them at the Center Spot pub in Sheffield when they were at the top of their trade,there again that would not happen now.

I remember seeing them at the pitsmoor w m c with my wife in the 60s 

12 hours ago, hehe said:

I remember seeing them at the pitsmoor w m c with my wife in the 60s 

The singer was called Anita if I remember right ,She did the best version of Don't Cry For Me Argentina I have ever had the pleasure of listening to.

Edited by Albert smith

22 minutes ago, Albert smith said:

The singer was called Anita if I remember right ,She did the best version of Don't Cry For Me Argentina I have ever had the pleasure of listening to.

The best singer I ever heard was Pat Lesley and the Greycats.

I do. Used to ice skate (badly) to their music. Knew Barry in his latter years

On 08/03/2019 at 10:19, Padders said:

The best singer I ever heard was Pat Lesley and the Greycats.

Saw her with the Greycats about 8 years ago at the Shiny Chef - top of Crimicar Lane way. Barry Holmes on keyboard. A great evening's entertainment.

On 06/01/2007 at 10:14, pavlo1969 said:

does any one remember the group The Fortunes in the 60's in Sheffield?????????????????????????????:

I can recall as a kid queuing outside the Rads with my family to see this "group" who were tipped to make it to the big time.  They did do, fleetingly.

We queued for about an hour on Roundel St before the doors opened.

you've got your troubles ive   got mine                                                 that says it all about the times we live in lol

someone mentioned Joe Cocker, as far as I recall apart from being a brilliant singer he married a girl from Holland I even drove him in my cab magic days, lol