Does anyone remember the group The Fortunes

Glen Dale is my husbands father, he has retired from the music business now but on rare occasions still does perform. :)

We saw the Fortunes at the Smithywood Club and Hillfoot Bridge about 1967. Another great group were the Wolves - the Fortunes made it but I dont think the Wolves did.

The first time I saw them was at Bellhouse WMC, just as "You've got your troubles" hit the charts. They were still honouring their WMC bookings. Can't see many of today's acts doing that.

Glen Dale is my husbands father, he has retired from the music business now but on rare occasions still does perform. :)
I saw the fortunes at the burngreave lib club when i was a young boy,Ithought they were fantanstic live. They have always been a group that have stood out in my life, and now being 58 dont think ill see them again,but the most amazing thing that as happened is that the bungalow that i have bought in south anston did at one time probably 1967 belonged to mr, r garforth your farther in law alias glen dale. HE IS WELCOME ANYTIME I hope he is still well . dave an old fan

The first time I saw them was at Bellhouse WMC, just as "You've got your troubles" hit the charts. They were still honouring their WMC bookings. Can't see many of today's acts doing that.

It was said that Oakland Rd WMC gave them their 1st booking and after that The fortunes did an annual concert at the club.True or not,maybe someone knows.

I remember the Fortunes, however didn't actually see them live, I was a big fan of Glen Dale and the Candies, I first saw them at the Blue Bell Hackenthorp, and then travelled with my girlfriend to just about every WMC in Sheffield to see them.

I became friends with Gary Fletcher the drummer, he had a Velocette motorbike and I had a BSA, he was a mechanic by trade and helped me fix the bike on the odd occasion.

I caught up with Glen Dale about 2 - 3 years ago on one of my trips back to England ( went to Aus in 1969 ) I arranged to meet him at the Butchers Arms in Eckington, not far from where Glen now lives. I did hear that Gary played with Frank White foe a while. Great memories of the good old days.

Was He a Grocer from Shiregreen???

The person who you are thinking off is my grandad Wilf Smith who was the grocer in shiregreen and had things to do with the fortunes. :)

a bloke called paul aldridge used to be the roadie for the fortunes in the 80`s,i always thought they were from the rugby area.....one of em,s ex wife was called christine,we met her and her two kids in mabelthorpe and got chatting about old 60,s music,she mentioned the fortunes,i mentioned paul being the roadie......we ended up chatting until the club closed and we got kicked out.

Saw the Fortunes in 2008 at Nantwich on the same bill as Dave Berry. I believe 2 of the Fortunes were in the original group. They were very good.

a bloke called paul aldridge used to be the roadie for the fortunes in the 80`s,i always thought they were from the rugby area.....one of em,s ex wife was called christine,we met her and her two kids in mabelthorpe and got chatting about old 60,s music,she mentioned the fortunes,i mentioned paul being the roadie......we ended up chatting until the club closed and we got kicked out.

seem to remember them at maid marrion in skeggy and i know its ingomels just not sure of the spellinglol

wasnt storm in a tea cup, one of there songs?

I remember seeing the Fortunes a few years ago at the Dial House Club. Joe Brown was scheduled to appear but his wife died of cancer and he cancelled. We didnt know till we turned up on the night but The Fortunes appeared at short notice and were superb. A great sound.