Wednesday Chat #3 - Discuss the Owls here

WHAT!!??........

How can YOU sat that :loopy: :loopy: :loopy: SUFC in the bottom 4 for most of the season, playing crap football, have a whinging manager, crashing out to Swansea, fighting for your lives, clinging onto the hopes of other teams....

And you call us another Watford. The only Watford from South Yorkshire is your lot!.. sweating till the end of the season, pretending your team will be ok, when all along you know theres a massive chance of going down...

Wednesday may or may not go up - ask any Wednesdayite at the moment and they'll tell you we would consider it a bonus to get in the play-offs and are unbelievably happy with our team, management and fans at the moment. We are not living in fear every weekend, like the pink parade from Pigsty Lane.

get back in your shed ...were better than you are and you know it other wise you wouldn't get upset at my honest opinion, you'll be in the chapionship for years and years..

were up there you not... were doing ok.. all we want t#is to stay up this year. and your stupid comments again.. even if you did get promoted as champions hehehehehe :hihi: (what a joke) you dont have the off field money coming in, you have bugger all and it'll take you at least 5 years minimum to get to where sufc are.. haha

get back in your shed ...were better than you are and you know it other wise you wouldn't get upset at my honest opinion, you'll be in the chapionship for years and years..

were up there you not... were doing ok.. all we want t#is to stay up this year. and your stupid comments again.. even if you did get promoted as champions hehehehehe :hihi: (what a joke) you dont have the off field money coming in, you have bugger all and it'll take you at least 5 years minimum to get to where sufc are.. haha

:huh:when you two ladies have finished....;) all sufc have achieved so far is to.... Play other Premership Clubs, without being totally humiliated.... cup F**k ups come to any one... its just good to have a bit of banta...:D

Sufc have yet to prove the can Play the best teams week in, week out, they will only prove that point by not being relegated to the Championship... They are doing in the premership what we are doing in the championship... building a better Team.. This is progress ... for both clubs!!:roll:

I think the only jealousy here arises from the fact that you haven't got a shed and Lestat has.

Latest rumour from vital football

Wednesday are one of a number of Championship clubs linked with the services of highly-rated Barnet midfielder Dean Sinclair who is set to quit the Bees in the summmer.

The 22-year-old is an unknown quantity to fans outside League Two but has attracted the interest of clubs such as the Owls, Queens Park Rangers, Derby County and former club Norwich City.

The player's representative Tony Finnigan has confirmed the Sinclair will be moving on in the summer, with a fee to be decided by a tribunal.

'Dean has had a great season,' Finnigan told skysports.com.

'He is very thankful to Paul Fairclough for all the hard work he has done for him. But the time is right to move on having had such a great season with Barnet, hence the amount of interest in him. Dean will finish the season with Barnet then look at his options.'

And a statement on the club's official statement read: 'Paul Fairclough is currently deciding on the nucleus of his squad for next season, but, apart from Dean Sinclair, all the players he wants to retain are contractually secure.'

The English midfielder has made 118 league starts for Barnet, netting 18 goals along the way during his near three-year stay at Underhill after making the switch from Norwich City.

Never heard of him but as he's a free transfer he may be worth a shot.

Who's off to Brum on Saturday?

Should be a great atmosphere. Birmingham have totally sold out. I think it's only the 2nd time this season which is surprising seeing with the season they have had.

COME ON YOU OWLS!

:huh:when you two ladies have finished....;) all sufc have achieved so far is to.... Play other Premership Clubs, without being totally humiliated.... cup F**k ups come to any one... its just good to have a bit of banta...:D

Sufc have yet to prove the can Play the best teams week in, week out, they will only prove that point by not being relegated to the Championship... They are doing in the premership what we are doing in the championship... building a better Team.. This is progress ... for both clubs!!:roll:

Hey madowl you did it again.

A well put, thoughtful and unbiased point of view that sums up the situation very well.

Well done.:thumbsup:

It's been a pleasure, says Wednesday chief

Sheff srar:

DAVE Allen last night told of the pleasure he gets from watching Wednesday games thanks to the sparkling revival brought about by Brian Laws and the players.

The Owls chairman saluted the entertaining football that has been played by the team for months and has helped to take them to the fringe of the play-offs.

He told a sell-out audience of 200 at the club's annual awards evening at Hillsborough: "It's a pleasure to watch Sheffield Wednesday now, it really is.

"For years, since I have been involved with the club, and since I have been chairman, you were sitting on the edge of your seat wondering what was going to happen. Now, I look forward to coming to the games.

"We are playing what I have always asked for: attractive, attacking football, and we are winning games. That's superb."

The EAD Solicitors-sponsored awards held no surprises, with the consistent Glenn Whelan, winner of three player of the month titles during the season, taking the player of the year trophy and Chris Brunt the goal of the season prize for his 40-yard chip at Leeds.

The award-winners for midfielder, defender and striker of the year, Brunt, Frankie Simek and Deon Burton, chosen by votes on the club website, all expressed the hope that the Owls could round off a good season with success in the last two matches and a place in the play-offs.

Simek said: "I think six points will give us a shout at the play-offs."

Brunt said: "It's been a great season. Hopefully we can get to Wembley. All the best to the lads for the rest of the games."

Burton said: "Hopefully you'll all come out and support us in the last two games and we get over the line to the play-offs."

Audience members saw re-runs of the five goal of the season contenders, which had been whittled down from 10 via fans' votes on the Owls website.

The other four others were Whelan's spectacular long-range shot at Leicester, Brunt's right-footed winner against Barnsley, Whelan's volley against Southampton, and Jermaine Johnson's volley at Leeds.

--------------------------------------------------------------

And the winner is…

the man who was put on the transfer list by Owls

Top man: Glenn Whelan:banana::clap::thumbsup:

GLENN Whelan has completed a transformation in his personal fortunes by winning Wednesday's player of the year award.

The midfielder was put on the transfer list last summer as new players arrived but he refused to accept that his Hillsborough career was over.

He fought his way into the team and has had an outstanding season.

He was named as the club's main trophy-winner at their annual awards dinner sponsored by EAD Solicitors at Hillsborough last night but paid tribute to team-mates.

He said: "For me as an individual, it's been good. It has to go down to the squad. I don't think many people expected the way it's turned out for us. That's a credit to everybody involved, including Brian (Laws], his coaching staff and the people who are behind him. I'd just like to thank you."

Whelan, who also picked up the Wise Old Owls Club award last week, topped Wednesday's own poll which ran throughout the season and took votes from the club website, readers of The Star, and fans who travelled to away matches on Inter City Owl coaches.

The 23-year-old said: "I'm quite surprised to get this award. I think there are quite a few of our lads who have been consistent and could have won it. A lot of players have proved themselves in the championship.

"I don't think anybody would have seen this coming if you'd asked them in August!"

Chris Brunt won the award for goal of the season for his 40-yard chip at Leeds.

Whelan is also a contender for the Wednesday Player of the Year title in The Star's Football Awards, which will be announced on May 8.

Wednesday Reserves won 2-0 at Huddersfield with goals from Rocky Lekaj and Todd Wood.

Marcus Tudgay faces a test today on his bruised thigh as he bids to be fit for Saturday's match at Birmingham....

:)

Hey madowl you did it again.

A well put, thoughtful and unbiased point of view that sums up the situation very well.

Well done.:thumbsup:

You takin the pi..

i know... i know.... i must stop doin this!

" at the lane, at the lane, there all fookin tw@nkers at the lane"

Normal service is resumed....:D

((i want to see both sheffield teams doing well in the Premership));)

Football yobs booked

sheff star:

A PARTY to launch a book about football rivalry in Sheffield had to be abandoned at halftime... due to crowd trouble.

Divide of the Steel City - written by Wednesdayite Tony Cronshaw and Blades fan Steve Cowens - concentrates on how rivalry between fans of the two Sheffield clubs since the 1800s has often led to trouble.

But it was the fans of only one club who didn't see eye to eye at the launch party.

Such is the rivalry that it was decided to have two book launches - one for each club.

The Wednesday launch, took place at the Embassy Foxwood Club on Mansfield Road, Intake, where round 350 specially invited Wednesdayites packed into the club to listen to Sham 69 tribute band Electric Zoo.

But the party was cut short at around 10.30pm when sections of the crowd became rowdy. One visitor who left just before the party ended said: "There was quite a lot of shouting and singing and one or two books were being thrown.

"There were some pretty big, mean looking blokes in there so we left before it kicked off.";)

Tony Cronshaw, aged 51, explained: "It was getting a bit boisterous and there was a lot of singing and taunting going on.

"We thought we had better cut the party short before it escalated.

"So staff were asked to bring the shutters down. There was no real trouble."

The book, available in hardback priced £17.99, is printed in two halves with half of it upside down so it appears that each club's section is printed at the front.:hihi: :hihi:

Closing this mega thread. You now have a whole forum to natter about the footie, so feel free to start threads on specific games, issues, etc.