Silverdale Secondary Modern School

Anyone go to Silverdale School  from around 1968- 71. 

Looking for people who went there and went to local youth clubs Dobcroft ,  Anyone know Richard Savage or anyone in School around that time. 

I lived on Sharrow vale road and then Psalter lane .

My name then                         Dorothy Hudson  My  friend was Janette  Fletcher.

Contact  Dorothy Tibbals

From this site found and communicated with frequently, John Redican, who sadly died in Canada this may 2020 and Jeff Marshall living in Melbourne.  Both left Silverdale pre 63 and I think I left around 64.  Also thanks to Goody who sent me some nice form pics.  Anybody else left from that time?

I didn't attend Silverdale, but Bents Green due to health reasons. A few years ago we held a reunion and a chap called 'Paul Benson' attended, no one can remember this guy and a few of the things he said just didn't ring true, his dad's 'chauffeur' used to bring him to school in his Rolls apparently (?!) and he said he is now a millionaire 'lord' and lives in Switzerland, drives a Ferrari etc etc. He didn't seem to remember much about the school, although the rest of us obviously did, it was all very strange. Just made me wonder if he was a bit mixed up and perhaps attended Silverdale?? Does the name ring any bells with anyone? He would be perhaps late 50s, early 60s now.

Yes I remember a Paul Benson attending Silverdale, he was in the same year as me, and that would be consistent as I'm in my early 60's. Don't remember any Rolls Royce though, I think his dad was something to do with the Army. I remember he did have a moped and came to school on that a few times. Last time I heard  (many years ago) he was running a graphics business!

Nigel L

Seems a coincidence, didn't know whether to believe a word he said, strange guy.

In addition to the page 3 list of @bobsyouruncle

See, if you wait 14 years, someone will turn up.

All around 83 - 89

I haven't trawled through the rest of the thread, so some may be repeated from after his list on Page 3.

Mr Upton - Chemistry

Mrs Price - English - Library

Mrs Appleby - Chemistry

Mrs Arnold - French?

Mr Rodgers - Physics

Mrs Bryars - Geography

Mrs Williams (Lovely Lady) - French - A3 I think, the classroom near the entrance at science block end.

Miss Sheldon (Even the first year lads fancied her) - P.E Teacher.

Mr Atkinson - Chemistry

Mr Breen - Biology

Mrs Brett - History

Mr Chisholm? (Long Kinky Hair and Hairy Face)

Mrs Moffat - Cookery

Mr Hutchinson - Careers and ???

Mr Little - History

Mrs Skinner - Maths

Mr Symcox - Maths??

Mrs Thraves - Boilogy and R.E

Mrs Wigmore - Art

There was a Mr Wright who was a P.E and Maths Teacher and there was another "Wright" who was a Science teacher. I think it was a "Mrs Wright"????? Anyone?

Lewis.. Mr or Mrs??? - Geography

Now this ones really stumps me. Around 1987 there was a replacement Maths Teacher who was from the North East and her name was something like Miss Francine, she was only in her 20's.  It's driving me nuts this one.

Also, the name Mr Wainwright has popped up on here and it's driving me nuts trying to recall his face, build whatever. The name is familiar, but I just can't picture him. I remember Mr Davenport though, he was a good guy. Ex S.A.S so the rumour had it, it might have been B.S though.

Doesn't time fly?

Edited by j4wn
forgot something

On 18/09/2006 at 17:36, Firemansam said:

Anyone attend Silverdale School from 62 - 67

remember any teachers like:

Mr Wastnage, or Mr Beeley

I was in wasnages class for the last year 1961 

On 31/05/2020 at 17:54, Comet1949 said:

From this site found and communicated with frequently, John Redican, who sadly died in Canada this may 2020 and Jeff Marshall living in Melbourne.  Both left Silverdale pre 63 and I think I left around 64.  Also thanks to Goody who sent me some nice form pics.  Anybody else left from that time?

Hello, i was at Silverdale from 57 to 61 still alive (just) and now living in Thailand. I have lots of good memories and some really bad ones from those days, the bad being wasnage the last form teacher i suffered under. My older brother went there when it opened and there followed 4 other brothers and sisters, i understand that a nephew of mine goes there now.  Michael Wright my name. 

On 31/05/2020 at 17:54, Comet1949 said:

Here is a photo of the gym i am the one with black hair second from the front right hanging off the parralel bars. IT wont let me post the photo for some reason?????

I went to Silverdale a long time ago I remember the school so well. I traveled 7 miles to school and 7 miles back I remember the school uniform I still have my school ties 🙂

Edited by Colleen Bartley

I was there from 1968.I remember Mr Wastage,Mr Horn and I think it was Mr Hutchinson who taught P.E. A few names i recall were David Furness,Mick Hall and twins not sure of surname but think one was called Cheryl they had a shop.