Anyone on here from Woodhouse?

Wonder if anyone remembers my father, big pals with many Woodhouse people, names I recall being Charlie Denton who was the cinema projectionist at the time, Cliff Watson, Ray Keeton, Frank Nixon, and many, many more. Dad lived on Sheffield Road when young, had o ne of the first motorcycles in Woodhouse. Was with G L Curr's on Market place for many years selling, installing and repairing radios and tv's. Changed course in 1969 and went into the garage trade, Park Garage Swallownest, and then he had Crest Service Station at Handsworth, next to the Turf Tavern. If you went to Crest for petrol you will remember him - always wore a bow tie ! his name - same as mine - Victor Hutchinson, my mother was called Jessie. Her sister Hilda married Kenneth Brooks who lived in Balmoral Road with his parents Florry and Willy Brooks.

Long time ago - I am now 71 - went to Woodhouse Grammar School 1951 to 1958.

Best Wishes to Woodhouse - Victor Hutchinson, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Yeah I remember Charlie Denton, he was my father & remember Vic also.

When I was about 10 years old dad & me bought a radio kit,we made it between us.

We struggled to get it to work, I remember dad saying Vic could sort this out,

I remember going with dad to his house it was between Wickersley & Dinnington, I remember the property being on its own.

Vic sorted The radio no problem, we stopped for tea & remember having salmon sandwiches, it was a great time & remember Vic being very freindly.

Dad was into motorbikes and quite a good golfer worked on the links, now Severnside.

Dad passed away 2003 but Mums still going 90 now.

I'm now 64 years.

Nice to read this Vic.

Best

Graham

Wonder if anyone remembers my father, big pals with many Woodhouse people, names I recall being Charlie Denton who was the cinema projectionist at the time, Cliff Watson, Ray Keeton, Frank Nixon, and many, many more. Dad lived on Sheffield Road when young, had o ne of the first motorcycles in Woodhouse. Was with G L Curr's on Market place for many years selling, installing and repairing radios and tv's. Changed course in 1969 and went into the garage trade, Park Garage Swallownest, and then he had Crest Service Station at Handsworth, next to the Turf Tavern. If you went to Crest for petrol you will remember him - always wore a bow tie ! his name - same as mine - Victor Hutchinson, my mother was called Jessie. Her sister Hilda married Kenneth Brooks who lived in Balmoral Road with his parents Florry and Willy Brooks.

Long time ago - I am now 71 - went to Woodhouse Grammar School 1951 to 1958.

Best Wishes to Woodhouse - Victor Hutchinson, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Yeah I remember Charlie Denton, he was my father & remember Vic also.

When I was about 10 years old dad & me bought a radio kit,we made it between us.

We struggled to get it to work, I remember dad saying Vic could sort this out,

I remember going with dad to his house it was between Wickersley & Dinnington, I remember the property being on its own.

Vic sorted The radio no problem, we stopped for tea & remember having salmon sandwiches, it was a great time & remember Vic being very freindly.

Dad was into motorbikes and quite a good golfer worked on the links, now Severnside.

Dad passed away 2003 but Mums still going 90 now.

I'm now 64 years.

Nice to read this Vic.

Best

Graham

wow this one really has run on,great. my wife was born brenda bailey on wolverly road. her first husband was barry copsey from coalbrook. we remember the lax family,there was some sort of relationship there ,aunt nellie on victoria road. brenda has 2 brothers derek and alan. just out of interest does anyone rmember the hircock family on coalbrook, the parents were john and vere and they had a son and a daughter. we still live on woodhouse.

I was born on victoria road, all my family are from round there or the blocks, my dad is Graham Tomkins my mum is linda Tomkins (nee York)

Anyone know of a reasonably-priced hotel or B&B that is close to Woodhouse. Seems there is nothing in the village at all and I want to visit and do some family research. Thanks.

:love: hi when are you coming over and how long for could probably fix you up with short stay accomodation :love:

Anyone remember Piggy on Badger road ??

r me!are you okay john?

Johhny p you look like a piggy norton i used to know, who knew how to beat the old pinball machine in the george pub. yep Ive heard of pete oldham, think he's got a sister called josette, remember jane and gail monks, but cant think of the brothers name. piggy the original pinball wizard. :thumbsup:

chris and mark.

I lived on Severnside Place from 1955 until 1970 when I got married. I knocked about with the Wraggs (Len, Colin and Chris) from New Cross, & Mick Hill who is now living on station road.

dont come from woodhouse...lived in hackenthorpe......but mum used to work in woodhouse west end club and my brother was on the committee...for a number of years

hi nanrobbo

i think my dad played cards in the angel with your husband pete & johnny and another duggie jenks comes to mind

did you live on New Cross Way ?

yes at number 47 my dad frank mum kathleen 2 brothers john & frank sister diane and me alan.

remember you well, I lived on new cross drive