Anyone on here from Woodhouse?

10 hours ago, Palomar said:

Is Ken Lambert still around, not seen him round Woodhouse village in a while, friendly chap, my mum was wondering?

Ken passed away years ago.

5 hours ago, Alextopman said:

I worked at Crosby kitchens met loads from woodhouse....too many to mention lol

5 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Oh dear, what about Beryl? Did they move away at one point? Ken's mum used to visit my grandma, and grandma used to visit them as Ken's dad spent a long time in bed after a pit accident. Can you tell me anything else to pass on to my mum?

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Palomar said:

Oh dear, what about Beryl? Did they move away at one point? Ken's mum used to visit my grandma, and grandma used to visit them as Ken's dad spent a long time in bed after a pit accident. Can you tell me anything else to pass on to my mum?

Thanks

Not much really he was a close friend of my Dad and we used to pop in the Angel to see him, he lived on the road opposite.

22 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Not much really he was a close friend of my Dad and we used to pop in the Angel to see him, he lived on the road opposite.

Ah I think you might be talking about 'the other' Ken Lambert, as referred to earlier in the thread, another user confirmed they were two unrelated families. I was asking about the Mauncer Ken. Thanks though.

28 minutes ago, Palomar said:

Ah I think you might be talking about 'the other' Ken Lambert, as referred to earlier in the thread, another user confirmed they were two unrelated families. I was asking about the Mauncer Ken. Thanks though.

Ken used to be the Manager of Heanor and played for Barnsley in the 50's.

Kenneth Lambert (7 June 1928 – 29 June 2002)[1] was an English professional footballer from Sheffield. His clubs included Barnsley, Swindon Town, Gillingham and Bradford City.[2] He made 97 Football League appearances.

Edited by Alextopman

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

Ken used to be the Manager of Heanor and played for Barnsley in the 50's.

Kenneth Lambert (7 June 1928 – 29 June 2002)[1] was an English professional footballer from Sheffield. His clubs included Barnsley, Swindon Town, Gillingham and Bradford City.[2] He made 97 Football League appearances.

Definitely a different Ken Lambert, the one I'm asking after was born around 1940, and worked for the Co-op as a milkman, according to the earlier posts. Thanks again.

Edited to add: I've found them on Facebook so all sorted.

Edited by Palomar
Found em
  • Like 1