Anyone on here from Woodhouse?

my father is called Denys Barfield, he came from Woodhouse. His mother was Mertyl Dunk married to Bill (sadly both died).

Not sure where in woodhouse but my gran Mertyl used to work in the working mens club -in the days when they weren't supposed to.

She was tall with red hair and often called 'fag ash lill' for obvious reasons.

My father married my mum (Eileen Jones from Beighton) in about 1947.

He was working down the pit but then joined the army.

My nan was myrtle dunk and my dad was John and I am still in touch with uncle bry and aunty Tina are you trying to get in touch with them

My nan was myrtle dunk and my dad was John and I am still in touch with uncle bry and aunty Tina are you trying to get in touch with them

Tell your uncle Brian and Auntie Tina that Ken Simpson (big brother of Sam)was asking about him,

lovely couple,ask him about the nights in the Royal and West End Club,He were a dirty bugger on football field :):) Happy days

Hi Valjones,

we must be related!! Nice to meet you, I'm Christine.

I haven't seen Bryan since I was a young teenager (54 now) and never met Tina.

I lived in Doncaster for a couple of years when I was 16 (love the place) but haven't been back since, its gotten far too big.

I've moved around a lot, Ireland, Wales and so on, you know what its like, time moves fast, kids, work and responsibilities tend to take up every second.

I didn't know your dad at all, although my older sister did as she stayed up in Yorkshire. Perhaps you know her?

What a way to have to meet relatives!

Say Hi to Bryan and Tina.

I think Bryan rang my mother a year or so age, really pleased she was.

Thinks she misses the old home lands a lot.

Must know the Bramalls, Dora, Barry RIP and sylvia and david :|

---------- Post added 10-12-2012 at 19:24 ----------

I too live on skelton grove and love every minute of it, very friendly

I too live on Skelton Grove and yes its quiet and very friendly as you say, as for the Bramalls I know them very well and yes, RIP Barry, up and aloft Barry with those Pigeons

I'm from severnside estate , blundy my dad frank was secretary of the wood house central club ...

Al aged 40

Lived at 32 Tithe Barn Avenue from 1958 to 1976. Was in 173rd scouts all the way up to Scout Master. Dad Fred Wild and Mum Emma Wild. Now in Finistere, Brittany after Stevenage, Shrewsbury, Scunthorpe and Selby!

BE :D

does anyone know of William Dickenson from Hooley road he was about two and half when he fell into static water tank I got him out I was eleven I often wonder how he going on I was told he had a shop in the square but never knew if true

Well it’s been a long time since I lived in Woodus.

Reading all these threads has made me quite nostalgic and I remember lost of names and some are still friends. I was born and bred on Southsea rd number 7 to be exact, lived with gramma and grandad  before moving to Hacky to live in the matchbox houses. Most of the older guys would remember Grandad , Nobby Clark, he was always in the West End with a little kid with a crewcut, that’ll be me. 

On 1/1/2009 at 3:18 PM, freestyle1 said:

Hi there I lived in Woodhouse Mill from about 65 to 74 on Horsewood road near the Ironbridge.

Never went to any of junior schools in woodhouse but did a couple of years at Beaverhill till about 67 then moved on to Central Tech. till 70ish. (horrendous bus journey evry day till I got a Lambretta)

First pub I ever went in was the Junction.In later years used to drink with a lot of the Badger Est. lads.Anyone remember Steve Burgin? I recall holiday in Lloret de Mar in 73 where we tried to drink the town dry! there must have been about 30 of us in the same hotel.

I left the area in 74 to live on the east coast and am still here.Dont get back much now except for the odd funeral.Not many relatives left now so wes ill probably get back even less

Steve Burgin a friend of mine ii stiil  see   him lives at Harthill now  

Hi spider 1, managed to get back in contact with Steve a couple of years ago and went to see him last summer at his home. It was good to see him again but sad to see that he's not as vibrant and mobile as back in the day due to illness. Still got a wicked sense of humour tho. had the wife (who'd never met him before) giggling like a schoolgirl, mainly at my expense! 

I lived at 40 Sheffield Road Woodhouse for fourteen years and left in 1965 with family for Auz.  I attended Woodhouse West Primary School on Sheffield Rd and my two sisters after me....I can remember lots of names and still connect with others from Sheffield Road.

On 09/02/2010 at 15:18, cal1943 said:

Hi,

I married into the Lambert family..(Mauncer Estate) in the old days, nearly all of them worked for the Woodhouse Co-op.

Cal.

Is Ken Lambert still around, not seen him round Woodhouse village in a while, friendly chap, my mum was wondering?