Anyone on here from Woodhouse?

hiya stuart

Not Stuart ,but a good try ! .I often get asked if i know one of the Lax brothers who lives in Stockholm ,i have even been to the shop he worked at but he has a new business in another location so i have still not managed to say hello ,one woodhouse lad to another!

My wife's family mainly originate wudus/beighton/aston, there was a shop at the bottom of spa lane owned by the Dents, there were cadmans & morris quite a few still in wudus in the cemetary.

can i have any names and ages??
i have lived at woodhouse for 46 yrs. we lived on mauncer

can i have any names and ages??
do u remember the baxendales ?

i have lived at woodhouse for 46 yrs. we lived on mauncer

So you would know my in-laws the Robinsons?

The building at the top of Station Rd was Woodhouse East, the one at the bottom of Station Rd was the old Woodhouse Grammar School, later a Community Centre and now pulled down to make an old peoples village.

You were right I don't think there was anythng on the site before Brunswick School.

hazel

the school at the top of station road was woodhouse county not woodhouse east as for brunswick school ,there used to be the football pitch for the school and just about where the school is now was the brick pond :hihi:

Wasn't born and bred there but, spent many happy summers in Woodhouse. My grandparents lived at 10, Victoria Road....Robert and Nellie Bedford. My Uncles were Peter and Bernard and my Aunts were June, Alice and Hilda. My mother was Barbara. My closest cousins were Michael and John Stevenson who both emigrated to New Zealand. I live in Memphis, Tennessee, USA. I will be 60 in November. Those were the good old days, we just never knew it.

hi i was born at 26 victoria road and lived there till the houses were pulled down and my grandparents lived at 18 victoria road until they were demolished

What was your last name? We could easily have known each other. Did you go to Joe's shop on the corner and get those amazing blackcurrant frozen lollies?............did you get fish and chips from across the street? My grandmother, Nellie Bedford, lived to be 106. It seemed as though everyone knew her. I sure did love my 'Nanan'. What is Woodhouse like now, I wonder.

my mums name was linda york, he mum was gladice york, i knew your grandma very well she was a fantastic woman, my mum was 60 in february so you are about the same age

Im not from Woodhouse but alot of my friends lived on there when i was at school , Isobel Green lived on tythe barn lane ( sorry if ive spelt it wrong !!) and my best mate Sarah wragg lived on Severnside drive with her dad Colin and bro n sis Lee n Claire , Would love to hear from some of them , spent alot of good times at her house . Please let me know if you can put me in touch with Sarah , last i heard she was living in london but i think her dad still lives in Woodhouse not on Severnside now tho

Went to school with a girl called cheryl Dunk as well , think she had an older brother , cant remember his name , they lived on Severnside as well .