Anyone on here from Woodhouse?

hi golden babe is the date your age?

yes pauly1664 it is, was 40 last year :( but life begins they say :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Woodhouse pals in 60s/70s anyone remember JEFF TAYLOR?he lived on TILFORD ROAD married a girl called ROSIE. LINDA JACQUES lived at 13 driver street? WARREN FAMILY lived on BEIGHTON ROAD? THE ROYAL PUB was run by a bloke called KENNEDY cannot remember his first name.he turned it into a disco,

son of carol and geof ? if so then hub remembers him well :)

Ha ha, that's him!

I lived in Woodhouse Mill just past the Iron Bridge.

I've not been there for about 35 years as I don't live in Sheffield anymore. Are the old stocks still in Woodhouse village?

Is my old junior school still there, Woodhouse East on Station Rd? I've still got some old cine film of May Day at that school in c1962

Woodhouse East was replaced by Brunswick School, a new building. Can't place the date but would be around 1971/2.

The childen were given a vote, from a few names on what to call the school, The headmaster at the time was John Wilkinson.

The old building is still there but I'm not sure what it is used for.

hazel

I'm not sure which building is the old woodhouse east. The school building near the top of station road is now a training centre for the council. The building near the terminus is or was a community centre

i didnt think there was anything on the brunswick school site before it was built.maybe wrong..........i live across from the old school on station rd.i was one of the first group of kids that went to brunswick too

The building at the top of Station Rd was Woodhouse East, the one at the bottom of Station Rd was the old Woodhouse Grammar School, later a Community Centre and now pulled down to make an old peoples village.

You were right I don't think there was anythng on the site before Brunswick School.

hazel

The school near the terminus at bottom of Station Rd used to be the City Grammar. Opposite the school, just a bit furthur down there used to be a brick pond. Thanks for reminding me of all this, I haven't visited this area for donks!

Is the Station Approach still there?

I`m from Normanton Springs.....close enough to say I`m from Old Woodus.

Pollyann..... my sister is married to Bill Warren....we live in Canada but I remember going to the Warren house when I was younger......

I have 2 books about our lovely old village and a poem that makes you cry when you read it it`s so descriptive of what Woodhouse used to be.

Guest Ant

I have one leg in Hackenthorpe and one leg in Woodhouse. It's quite a strain on the inner thighs, you know.

i lived off the badger

The indigestion must have been terrible.