Reptile accessories wanted for rescues (and construction discussion)

Hi I have decided to start offering rescue to reptiles I do have some spare stuff but if anybody has anything to offer to help with rescues at the moment I am transforming a 6ft three door wardrobe into five seperate vivs just for emergencies but all offers welcome just pm me or post here :thumbsup:

Ooohhh I didnt know you were handy at DIY. Careful, if I run short of hutches I know where to go... HeHe!

Just some examples Sooz I just need to give it a lick of paint.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l16/geo666uk/DSC00124.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l16/geo666uk/DSC00101.jpg

the viv is for monty it cost me £50 alltogether and is on inch thick and Is 36X36X36

What you reckon ?

Did you notice the unit under the first pic thats another project viv for kai.

Thats wicked. I wish I was good at DIY :(. It looks just like the vivs you get in the shop.

I wanted a nice strong viv and that one would hold anything the glass cost more than the wood its 6.4mm reinforced glass it can be hit with a sledgehammer and it still will not break.

If you wanted help building some bunny houses let me know what you want and maybe I could lend a hand All I say is a simple plan

Think what you want

think what is possible this includes what you can manage to build

draw a plan to scale

find a good timber merchant who will cut your wood to size

use the correct tools

If you dont know ask better than starting again hope this helps

Well you know where I am.:thumbsup:

Good on ya CV!. I make my own vivs too. Just the same as the ones in the shops, but much better, cos made with decent wood and toughened glass. none of this hardboard back and flimsy 4ml glass. does work out a lot cheaper too. just done a 2 stack of 6x2x2 ft vivs, with 6ml toughened glass and cost me about £120. looking at £250+ for sumat similar in the shops.

Ooohhh I didnt know you were handy at DIY. Careful, if I run short of hutches I know where to go... HeHe!

I used to help my dad make hutches when I had rescue buns from the sanctuary years ago. Buy/get a cheap small wardrobe. Saw in half, use the doors as the front with the hinges at the bottom, saw a hole in front and put wire mesh on and the all you need is a lid. This bit you need to buy/ get from a skip or similar. and wrap in that green stuff. (Sounds bad, but they make good decent size hutches cheaply and the wood tends to be thicker on wardrobes than hutches so they are warmer) Also used to put hinges on lid for indoor ones.

Anyway, back on topic. Got a pile of stuff you might want carpetviper. will check what we've got and let you know.

Hi i still have loads of stats and maybe a few heat mats and lights

Thats great guys if you want to pm me what you have and when and where I can come and pick it up from I can crack on with the viper rescue wing LOL I will keep everyone informed of any progress.

can i just point out something, and apologies if you already know this. Be very particular about what wood you intend on using to make the vivs. Woods such as pine and MDF give respiratory to nearly all reptiles, and often leads to death.

Be very careful.

I wanted a nice strong viv and that one would hold anything the glass cost more than the wood its 6.4mm reinforced glass it can be hit with a sledgehammer and it still will not break.

If you wanted help building some bunny houses let me know what you want and maybe I could lend a hand All I say is a simple plan

Think what you want

think what is possible this includes what you can manage to build

draw a plan to scale

find a good timber merchant who will cut your wood to size

use the correct tools

If you dont know ask better than starting again hope this helps

Well you know where I am.:thumbsup:

You may live to regret that offer.... however I have been given quite a few free hutches so we are OK for the time being (there are only so many buns I can physically look after properly at once).