Another car problem - Fiesta

Hi

Following on from the other car problem thread....

I have a probem with my Fiesta (Mk6, 52reg), It seems like there is a creaking or gurgling noise when turning left, it's just had all the auxilliary belts replaced so it can't be that.....please help!

It's only done 20k so it can't be anything serious....hopefully :suspect:

Cheers in advance for any help!

Matt

Hi

Following on from the other car problem thread....

I have a probem with my Fiesta (Mk6, 52reg), It seems like there is a creaking or gurgling noise when turning left, it's just had all the auxilliary belts replaced so it can't be that.....please help!

It's only done 20k so it can't be anything serious....hopefully :suspect:

Cheers in advance for any help!

Matt

I had quite an irritating noise in my car the other night, then the mother in law got out and its been fine since:thumbsup: :hihi: :hihi:

sounds like maybe a wheel bearing...but...gurgling>??????

Can't see it being a "gurgling" sound. Are the wheels standard or have they been replaced with larger alloys in which case check that they aren't scrubbing against the wheel arch protectors. Alternatively it may be the power steering chattering? Without more info it's difficult to diagnose and it will mean a trip to a mechanic.

sounds like it could be the power steering belt

i had an uno that sounded like that on turning and it was the wheel bearing

Gurgling noise - could be hydraulic tappets lacking oil flow (if the fiesta has hydraulic tappets?), which could account for why it only happens when turning. Does it happen every time you turn left, or is it ok after say 15 min of driving?

Check your oil level and check your tyre pressures too, just in case it's something more simple. if you know what I'm talking about here, then; check you oil/header breather/return pipes for blockages, too.

Can't see it being a "gurgling" sound. Are the wheels standard or have they been replaced with larger alloys in which case check that they aren't scrubbing against the wheel arch protectors. Alternatively it may be the power steering chattering? Without more info it's difficult to diagnose and it will mean a trip to a mechanic.

I've just got the normal Zetec alloys at the moment.

I had thought it was the power steering belt but i've had those replaced and it's still doing it :huh:

It does sound as if the noise is coming from the steering column as opposed to the wheel itself.