Does anyone have CCTV

I am wanting CCTV but not sure what the best way of having it installed is.

Do people have it installed for just viewing on a monitor or connected to some recording device.

I would like to record the activity so I was wondering if you need some sort of special monitor, or if its connected to you TV and normal video or DVD.

Does anyone else have it, and who can you recommend to install it.

Some folk round my area have it.

They use it to follow you home and make threats for money...

Got it at work, use a separate monitor & a hard disc recorder @ different location through tinternet dear but good, costco sell a packaged system for about £550.00 + vat

we have it connected to the pc and you can watch it live or go through the history as it records automatically.

Don't ask me what it's called though... it was dad's way of ensuring nobody came on the drive and nicked his car... sigh

I am wanting CCTV but not sure what the best way of having it installed is.

Do people have it installed for just viewing on a monitor or connected to some recording device.

I would like to record the activity so I was wondering if you need some sort of special monitor, or if its connected to you TV and normal video or DVD.

Does anyone else have it, and who can you recommend to install it.

we just connected ours to a normal recorder.. and taped it.. you can get special recorders that tape more slowly over a 24 hour period but the are expensive.. but if you are out all day it is good idea.. ours works perfectly well on normal.. recorder so don't worry.. make sure u have adiquate lighting around that area.. and if you want to use it for evidence police say it must have time. date, and possible sound.. good luck

You get different systems but most will record to a video player.

Mine can be set to record from 4 cameras simultaneously and can do 'constant' recording or else 'incident ' recording.( Where the recording is tripped by heat/motion within a pre-set zone of the camera's view)

Mine records to a hard disc and can then be run onto a tape or burnt to a disc.

For evidence, and SYP may have different guidelines to Notts.: the system needs to be registered, a PC needs to check that the viewing field is not unlawful (i.e. invading privacy, perving at women/children), it must have time/day/date stamped on it as it runs.

I should say that all the police areas have different guidelines as none of the cctv evidence type lawsuits have,as yet, been run through the full gamut of the British and EU law courts.:)

we got a pci card for the computer and a camera, so we could view real time, record all the time or have it on motion detect so it only records if something moved.

Very good picture even at night.

Yup installed mine my self, easy enough. Mine records on to a standalone PC which is connected on to the NET for viewing any were in world, can have from 4 to 16 cameras. Go to Maplins at hillsborough they sell it and are willing to spend some time with you to find out what you after and advise you the right way to go.

was that expensive akita.. sounds it... ours is just a basic one.. just for minimal security...

I got my cameras from maplins Super Night Owls (no sound)they can see in pitch black no extra light necessary, during the day they are colour and switch to black and white at night. I paid £130 each for cameras sometimes they are on offer at £99 and bought a PCI card from ebay for about £30 inc delivery instead of £100 from maplins. You need PC on all time best is to record by motion detection then it doesn’t use unnecessary space on your computer.

To give you an idea I have mine set to motion detection only and since 1st of Jan it has used nearly 4 gig pc for 2 cameras located at front and back. Obviously this depends on how often set off.

Before this I tried cheaper cameras but didn’t work at night, I also tried a hard drive separate unit which was about £500 by the time I finished and it couldn’t connect to TV as NSCT (American) or something not PAL so sent this back and decided on buying a pc for the job.

I did connect one to dvd recorder but you need to record continuously so uses up space quicker and one big file, compared with pc it shows individual incidents time etc.

Yup installed mine my self, easy enough. Mine records on to a standalone PC which is connected on to the NET for viewing any were in world, can have from 4 to 16 cameras. Go to Maplins at hillsborough they sell it and are willing to spend some time with you to find out what you after and advise you the right way to go.

...How do you access your computer when your away from home?

How much does it cost, what are the other accessories and cost for total installation