Organic Food Is It Worth It ??

No, it's not.
Sorry but Yes it IS and I think its sad they charge more for it...... Its much healthier,easier to digest and shouldnt cause any problems....

I started having stomach/digestion isues from eating GMO food... I read up on how its making alot of people sick.....

ITS GARBAGE AND SHOULD BE BLOCKED!!!!!!!!

I always try and buy organic chicken, carrots, mushrooms and Bananas. Also organic milk on the odd occasion I use it. Also brown Rice and eggs and come to think about it quite a few other things!

Non organic Banana's are grown in terrible conditions for the work force with really nasty chemicals. Organic chickens have a much better life, carrots taste better and don't need peeling and most of the vitamins are in the skins. Mushrooms for similar reasons to carrots.

The definition of 'worth it' I guess varies from person to person. When I think how much money I generally waste on stuff then the extra cost for organic food is negligible.

I liked the woman on river cottage who bought the cheapest crap and fed it to her kids saying she could not afford an organic chicken whilst sat smoking a fag at over five quid a pack!

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Biodiversity on organically farmed land is so much greater than on land using pesticides. Consider this:

A quarter of all British birds are under threat of extinction or have seen steep falls in numbers

Vater voles are no longer found in 94% of locations they used to be found

Flying insects are in catastrophic decline

The loss of wildlife from the UK countryside is the main reason to buy organic food. https://www.rspb.org.uk/globalassets/downloads/documents/conservation-projects/state-of-nature/state-of-nature-uk-report-2016.pdf

Hello zombie thread!

Sorry but Yes it IS and I think its sad they charge more for it...... Its much healthier,easier to digest and shouldnt cause any problems....

There isn't sufficient evidence so far to support any of your claims about the alleged health benefits of organic food. Environmental impact and animal welfare concerns are reasons to support organic farming (though the Soil Association supports homeopathic treatment, which is quite ridiculous):

homeopathic medicines are suggested for use in preference to allopathic medicines, but only where it's been shown that their use would be effective for the animal & the condition. Ultimately, the best course of treatment for the condition will be recommended by the vet

...I started having stomach/digestion isues from eating GMO food...

I read up on how its making alot of people sick....

I suspect those two things are not entirely unrelated.

I suspect those two things are not entirely unrelated.
Nope.... Alot have issues with it and have to be careful if they dont want problems........

Biodiversity on organically farmed land is so much greater than on land using pesticides. Consider this:

A quarter of all British birds are under threat of extinction or have seen steep falls in numbers

Vater voles are no longer found in 94% of locations they used to be found

Flying insects are in catastrophic decline

The loss of wildlife from the UK countryside is the main reason to buy organic food. https://www.rspb.org.uk/globalassets/downloads/documents/conservation-projects/state-of-nature/state-of-nature-uk-report-2016.pdf

Which is why try I eat organic when I can. But even then it's a double edged sword. Organic apples? At any time of the year the closest I found was Italy. The rest were the US or New Zealand of all places, which in turn gives them a whacking great carbon footprint.

Good for you tinfoilhat :)

I trust you have @ least one GOOD whole foods market around you?