Buy to let good idea?

buy it in her name, have her leave it you in the will

Watch the tax implications here. As has been suggested - this is getting egally complicated. Definitely get some legal advice.

buy it in her name, have her leave it you in the will

that way is fraught with many problems

i've just emailed

RightToBuy@sheffield.gov.uk

for some advice

they will only tell you what they want you to know you wont get advice at all the only information you will get is on the procedure and nothing else if you want proper advice do it now and not after you put in for right to buy

one important point as soon as you apply for right to buy the council will not do any repairs or improvements to the property so if you are near the decent homes coming to frution put it off until they have done the work. Because whatever they do will not increase the value of your home.And when you get a valuation on the value of the house never accept the first one they always overvalue well not always but 99% are.

The only repairs they do after application are the ones re hse ones

my mum is having most of the repairs done this month,

manchester metropolitan have just bough 80% or more of the council houses in sheffield.

they are giving new bathrooms kitchens and external doors to nearly all residents.

so i wa thinking of finding the info out now and possibly putting in a request to buy in november or something

my mum is having most of the repairs done this month,

manchester metropolitan have just bough 80% or more of the council houses in sheffield.

they are giving new bathrooms kitchens and external doors to nearly all residents.

so i wa thinking of finding the info out now and possibly putting in a request to buy in november or something

so you are already streetwise god on yer I hope you get a

good deal

Just be careful if it gets to the stage where your mum cant pay the rent, if you owned it and you had to put in a claim for housing benefit then there are restrictions if you rent from family, can be very hard to claim.

So good investment probably due to discounts etc but just think about the long term options if your mum cant pay rent, you may have to cover the mortgage yourself.

Good luck!

change of plan

i'm buying it and moving in, while she is getting somewhere else