Jack russell wanted to breed

hmmm?, coat colour???. seems like strict criteria to pair up with a "beautiful" bitch. no mention of health, conformation, temperament or KC registrations. sincerely hoping you have suitable homes waiting for the pups, not just 'the bloke down the pub' etc.

and no mention of age either :suspect:

No attempt to aswer any questions we have :suspect:

why does this smell of somebody trying to make a fast buck? :mad:

I don't think it's even that, Strix. I think it sounds far more like the ignorance that surrounds the old expression 'just one litter'...

Unfortunately people genuinely don't know the work that goes into raising a litter and no matter how much you tell them, they'll think 'no - it won't be that hard' after all... who wouldn't want several tiny cute puppies to have and cuddle and bottle feed if necessary... they don't wee or poo on the carpet or chew things really do they? They don't cost that much time or money to raise if you just cut a few corners...

Just for anyone dim enough to not realise... all the above comments about raising litters - were sarcasm...

just t put the record strayt when i wos a little girl i helpt at my auntys kennels lukin after any dog u cud think of she luked after the great dame rescue i had allways wantd a dog but becus we had a cat that was 22yrs old it was difficult.when we had t have lucy put t sleep my dad wos lucky enuf t be building 2 houses 4 a multi milllionair there 2 jacks had pups and mi dad wos given a chance t pick 1 (no money involved)she is 6 months old and i wasnt lukin 4 a mate yet we were lukin 4 a boyfriend that she cud meet and wen the time is ryt c wot appens. as to the person that thinks we are hear t make a fast buk how can u wen u will give them t gud homes ,all sorted nobody in the pub is having 1. but thank 4 y concern ,NEVER JUJ A BUK BY ITS COVER

Can someone translate this for me?!

come on - it must be a wynde upp?

*Splutters wine all over the monitor* Hahahahaaaaaaa! :D

On a serious note though amyjo- I would seriously take into consideration the comments that the members of SF that really know their stuff about breeding have posted.

Thanks for finally getting back to us Amyjo :)

you were starting to look like so many of the new people we get on here thinking we are an anonymous classified ad board - which we aren't. Pretty much all of our members are very keen on the welfare of animals, and we have many responsible breeders and rescuers who are always available to help anyone who needs them - even at the wee small hours of the morning ;)

Please take the time to read through the links I've provided - It's great you've had the experience you have at the kennels, but remember you were able to go home afterwards ;) your own litter will require a lot of hard work, and may end in expensive vets fees or the loss of your own beloved pet

If you're looking for a mate for your own dog, you need to give the details of your own dog (or at the very least post us some pics using a host site such as http://www.photobucket.com and giving us the link) so some sort of suitable match can be found

I hope you manage to decide what's right for your dog :)

*Splutters wine all over the monitor* Hahahahaaaaaaa! :D

On a serious note though amyjo- I would seriously take into consideration the comments that the members of SF that really know their stuff about breeding have posted.

I was on the verge of spitting out my drink then this post was last straw and milk cam out of my nose.haha :hihi:

This is a strange thread.

Why are you thinking of breeding your dog?

I couldn't see a reason in your post amyjo.

Is it for the money?

If not maybe you would be better spending all the time you would use going back to work at a rescue kennels or something of that nature.

Please dont take this in bad way but im feeling abit worried here reading your posts. We have just breed our girl but not before months and months of queries and decision making. but the last thing i thought of was looking for a beautiful' dog. Its just worrying. Health and other things are most important. We considered it for ages as people on here will know.

I hope you are a genuine animal lover and are breeding for the right reasons because its not fair on them if your not. If you are genuine then please accept my apologies.

amyjo,

No bitch should be bred under a year old... but I think her next season will be far too early. I personally wouldn't breed a bitch until she was at least 2 years old.

If you get her a boyfriend and wait to see what happens - you will have puppies in her next season and she may well not be developped enough physically to cope with pregnancy.

Please think it through very carefully, breeding shouldn't be one of those things that you just see what happens. You need to look at your bitch's lines, find a compatible dog that will make healthy puppies, have your bitch health tested, as well as the dog and lots, lots more.

I think you've received some very good advice on here and you should consider it all very carefully.

just t put the record strayt when i wos a little girl i helpt at my auntys kennels lukin after any dog u cud think of she luked after the great dame rescue i had allways wantd a dog but becus we had a cat that was 22yrs old it was difficult.when we had t have lucy put t sleep my dad wos lucky enuf t be building 2 houses 4 a multi milllionair there 2 jacks had pups and mi dad wos given a chance t pick 1 (no money involved)she is 6 months old and i wasnt lukin 4 a mate yet we were lukin 4 a boyfriend that she cud meet and wen the time is ryt c wot appens. as to the person that thinks we are hear t make a fast buk how can u wen u will give them t gud homes ,all sorted nobody in the pub is having 1. but thank 4 y concern ,NEVER JUJ A BUK BY ITS COVER

was just rereading this and noticed you got the dog for free. Do you know who its parents, granparents, great grandparents etc are?

If not then you could end up breeding it with its brother or close cousin or something......

Not good