A new member?! I'd love so!

Hi,

I am new here. I noticed this group on the forum and I'd like to join it and have some more information about the next meeting and what I should do to take part to it.

Thanks a lot for answering me and helping me!

:)

Hi,

I am new here. I noticed this group on the forum and I'd like to join it and have some more information about the next meeting and what I should do to take part to it.

Thanks a lot for answering me and helping me!

:)

We'd love so too ! Be nice to see you on one of the walks. Next one seems to be detailed on the thread below :

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=173318

have a read of that one for a start...

Hope the weather is going to be ok at the weekend - 5 day forecast says saturday will be nice, so fingers crossed for Sunday :)

Ciao! Sei italiana? I think there are a few Italians on here actually...

Welcome! I hope you enjoy Sheffield. :)

Hi, everyone! :)

Thanks for the welcome you gave me, I'm so happy that I can joy the group! I'm new in Sheffield and I thought it'd be nice to join this group also to make some new friends. Actually, I've never take part to a walk like these...is that a problem?:confused:

Ps: sì,sì, sono Italiana! :P

Hi Italian Girl! Welcome to the forum. You don't need to officially join the group or anything like that, just keep an eye out for new threads advertising upcoming walks, and come along. We have regular social pub meetings that anyone can come to, even if they've never been on a walk!

If, as you say, you're new to this type of walking, then I should just stress the importance of sturdy, comfortable footwear with good grip on the soles, a waterproof coat, extra layers, hat gloves, scarf etc, even if it looks like a nice day, some food and drink (though sometimes we stop for a pub meal) and trousers you don't mind getting muddy.

If there is anywhere in the region you would particularly like to visit, just say so and we can go there.

Best thing to do is read through a few threads of walks we've done, and you'll see the sort of thing we do - you'll get to know the characters as well, so we won't appear strangers when you come along. See you soon!