The Celebrity Big Brother 2007 thread

I'm amazed at cleo. What a spineless woman she is. How can she not say anything. If she sits on the fence any fence any longer the spike will go up her arse. She is really annoying me for not saying anything to the three immature bullies. And then sits with them and has a giggle herself. Get her out!!!

Well, it is Big Brother so we should also expect the Orwellian dictum of 'He who controls the present, controls the past' to also hold. :)

And, no doubt, when this is all over, the cry of 'We love Big Brother' will once again sound through media land. :)

Or maybe it could be the start (just the start?) of the backlash? Most people I know are heartily sick with the heat magazine mentality which has taken over ... even to the extent that papers like the Guardian carry pictures of Kate Moss just about every single day. It's got to start somewhere? Or is it just a dream?

Or maybe it could be the start (just the start?) of the backlash? Most people I know are heartily sick with the heat magazine mentality which has taken over ... even to the extent that papers like the Guardian carry pictures of Kate Moss just about every single day. It's got to start somewhere? Or is it just a dream?

I'd like to think that it could be the start of something of a sea change in contemporay society. I also try and believe half a dozen impossible things before breakfast. :)

No, who knows. It might be the year when attitudes towards this sort of nasty behaviour in society finally start to change. It would be great.

Why is it, do you suppose, that Cleo does not believe that Jade, Jack, Danielle and Jo are motivated by racism?

Many people on this forum and others seem to be pronouncing on shows that by their own admission they have not seen or have only caught a little of, out of context.

Possibly Cleo is right. Possibly Cleo is the only one with both the knowledge and the courage to say so.

Well ms Shetty has just said the following to BB:

"Today I am in a calm frame of mind so I would just like to say that an apology is definitely in order, and if Jade apologises I will apologise back and make up with her. I don't have anything against Jade, I just don't like the way she speaks."

As the actress opened up, Big Brother asked her if she still thought that Jade's argument with her two days ago was racially motivated. Shilpa shook her head.

"No, I take it back," replied the actress quickly. "Everyone was having an argument. I don't think that is true now. People say things in a fit of anger. But I stand corrected. I don't want people to think and feel that I feel that way. In fact, I'd like you to please clarify.. put this as a statement from my side, if you can: I don't feel there was any racial discrimination happening from Jade's end. I don't think that's true. I think there's lots of insecurities from Jade, but it's definitely not racial."

I'm amazed at cleo. What a spineless woman she is. How can she not say anything. If she sits on the fence any fence any longer the spike will go up her arse. She is really annoying me for not saying anything to the three immature bullies. And then sits with them and has a giggle herself. Get her out!!!

Agreed - I thought she was being a diplomat - but if she goes on any longer she will just join the coven. Also, she asked jade if she hit people (when they were talking about jade's terrifying outburst) Only fanning the flames IMO. I hope she does the right thing soon.

Why is it, do you suppose, that Cleo does not believe that Jade, Jack, Danielle and Jo are motivated by racism?

Many people on this forum and others seem to be pronouncing on shows that by their own admission they have not seen or have only caught a little of, out of context.

Possibly Cleo is right. Possibly Cleo is the only one with both the knowledge and the courage to say so.

They're NOT motivated by racism - they're motivated by stupidity and jealousy. Like I've said before on here - it's plain, old-fashioned bullying - no more, no less. It doesn't need to be racist to be bang out of order.

StarSparkle

I don't know what 'she should **** off home' is if it isn't racist? BUT, I think this is more about ignorance and bullying, and ganging up on someoene. it's true that when Danielle was away from the others she was all apologetic, without her cronies to back her up - when before she was laughing like a hyaena at jade's vile taunting of Shilpa.

Knowledge and courage to say what aurora??? That's the point, she refuses to say anything yet her face shows that she feels what they are doing is wrong

Starsparkle, I think you and I are in a minority. I think Cleo is in the same minority. FYI mellydh, Cleo has said exactly that to Shilpa.

I don't think it is racist. It's just nasty, spiteful, schoolyard bullying.

I've seen enough of that to recognise it over teh years, and there is no excuse for it. It doesn't matter if it's racist or not; it's behaviour that is deplorable and that brings the name of this country down in the eyes of the US inhabitants of the house and anyone else outside Britain watching these 3 women behave like this.

I think it's been very useful in one important respect; it's shown people across the country what bullying looks like, and the behaviour of people when they're caught out. (Danielle). It should make it much harder to be bully for a while, and also encourage victims to come out and start identifying and challenging their bullies.

I don't know what 'she should **** off home' is if it isn't racist? BUT, I think this is more about ignorance and bullying, and ganging up on someoene. it's true that when Danielle was away from the others she was all apologetic, without her cronies to back her up - when before she was laughing like a hyaena at jade's vile taunting of Shilpa.

Exactly. The point is they're jealous of Shilpa's beauty, class, grace, dignity, intelligence, success and genuine fame - the fact she's Indian is incidental. I'm sure any one of them would give their right arm to be her.

StarSparkle