WARNING "I've had my purse stolen" SCAM

I'd offer to phone someone for them from a number in the diary - to get them to come and collect them.

Or to pre warn them she's coming home in a taxi, the driver requiring cash on delivery :thumbsup:

Don't think I'd stump up. I've been conned before. Once bitten and all that

My friend had her purse stolen in Germany. At the airport she was telling the airport staff and a nice German man gave her 100 euro's and didn't want her to send it back.

Sometimes people's problems are genuine.

I had my purse stolen in Leeds. I informed the police, they did not check to see if I had money to get home. Luckily I was with friends who subbed me, but it could be a real nightmare.

Whilst travelling in Spain, we had our bags stolen that contained many of our important documents, plus an amount of money. We couldn;t speak any Spanish but an English couple helped us out at the police station and gave us enough money to get to the next city where our friend was staying....

Whilst travelling in Spain, we had our bags stolen that contained many of our important documents, plus an amount of money. We couldn;t speak any Spanish but an English couple helped us out at the police station and gave us enough money to get to the next city where our friend was staying....

I lost all my money hitching with my girlfriend in France when younger. A guy picked us up in his car took us to the nearest town and when we told him what had happened he saved us by giving us £40 which we sent back to him when we got home.