Hi,i would like to join the group please

:thumbsup:hello all,, i just wanted to know if its possible that i could join your walking group...I have mild autism and diabetes...Im not great with group conversation but ok on a 1-1 basis...i usually go hiking on my own because of my autism but would like to join a group...would be great if i could join your group thanks..i only work voluntary once a week on a thursday and thats with mencap so i could go on a walk any other day...

thanks alot...

mick

Keep an eye on the threads rockathle42, and when you see a walk that takes your fancy come and join us! We're a nice bunch of people (honest we are!) and we'd be pleased to see you. :D

Also, you can suggest a route/day/time of walk to suit you and see if anyone else fancies joining you. There's usually someone up for a jaunt. :thumbsup:

:wave:

don't worry about the group bit - most footpaths are constructed such that we break up into twos or threes anyway :)

Get yourself out on the next walk :)

PS - site admin get a bit stroppy about posting all in bold and extra big ;)

hi again, and thankyou for the welcome to the group..I would love to join a walk in the next week or two... Any day except a thursday suits me fine,also i will be travelling by public transport so i have to plan the times and the places you meet up...I take it i will need a drink and sandwiches for the day out?..well see you soon.

mick:thumbsup:

that all depends on the plan for the walk ;)

hi again, and thankyou for the welcome to the group..I would love to join a walk in the next week or two... Any day except a thursday suits me fine,also i will be travelling by public transport so i have to plan the times and the places you meet up...I take it i will need a drink and sandwiches for the day out?..well see you soon.

mick:thumbsup:

Don't worry; all the details are arranged well in advance, so you'll know all about the requirements for sandwiches, flasks and transport in plenty of time.

The details are announced on here once they've been thrashed out. Quite a few of the regular walkers use public transport to get to the walk's meeting place too, unless lifts have been arranged before hand.

Keep checking the group for details of the next walk. If you have any ideas for future walks yourself, feel free to post them on here too :) .