Did anyone work at Dewhurst in dixon lane 75-80

Dewhurst in dixon lane 75-80

My son-in-law John Collinge worked there during that time. Do you want me to get him to contact you?

Yes i worked with John for a while at Dewhursts then he followed me to Wrays Butchers, His he still with Sharon ?

I can be contacted on

[email protected]

Bye

Hi just joined & found this I worked at dewhurst from 78-82 get intouch would be great Michele

Hi do you remeber me what was your second name, i think i remeber you

Is your first name david My name was hardwick at the time, There used to John Ian in the back tony I think steve who worked with eric in the shop. Ladies was barbara & pat Me & another girl On the counter , sorry so long ago i cant remember names. I will if you tell me them I am sure.

Michelle,

I remember you well, yes It was Ian Charlesworth, John lever,John Collinge,Myself, Little Tom, Tony (with the beard ) and Eric Shaw. We had some great days back then and what a busy shop it was.:)

Hi do you remeber me what was your second name, i think i remeber you

it could be cornthwaite...

Is your first name david My name was hardwick at the time, There used to John Ian in the back tony I think steve who worked with eric in the shop. Ladies was barbara & pat Me & another girl On the counter , sorry so long ago i cant remember names. I will if you tell me them I am sure.

Yes David I remember you, of course it was tony, and the other girl was Marie.

Yes Great days they were apart from our horrible boss eric, he hated me i Think he hated women all together, Busy Like no other we got a bonus everyweek of £ 10.00 for the shop that sold the most, made up our wages ehh.

We never saw the shop wall & if we did eric had us cleaning it.

I had to leave after 4 years couldnt take any more abuse from that man. I went into nursing after that, so still blood & gore.

What you up to now still a Master butcher? Do you see anu of the others or heard from them?

I Unfortunately had the pleasure of meeting eric again several times over the years. I worked back at dewhurst at crystal peaks for two years in 2002 got made redundant thats when it was finally over for them. Eric came in the shop on a regular basis I am sure just to annoy me but I was older then so could tell him where to get off. Did you have any problems with him? hope to speak soon xx

Yes David I remember you, of course it was tony, and the other girl was Marie.

Yes Great days they were apart from our horrible boss eric, he hated me i Think he hated women all together, Busy Like no other we got a bonus everyweek of £ 10.00 for the shop that sold the most, made up our wages ehh.

We never saw the shop wall & if we did eric had us cleaning it.

I had to leave after 4 years couldnt take any more abuse from that man. I went into nursing after that, so still blood & gore.

What you up to now still a Master butcher? Do you see anu of the others or heard from them?

I Unfortunately had the pleasure of meeting eric again several times over the years. I worked back at dewhurst at crystal peaks for two years in 2002 got made redundant thats when it was finally over for them. Eric came in the shop on a regular basis I am sure just to annoy me but I was older then so could tell him where to get off. Did you have any problems with him? hope to speak soon xx

I left and eventually ran my own butchers shops i had 12 at one point, packed them in in 1995 as the trade was poor for butchers with all the supermarkets. Ian & eric opened a shop together and i sold them a bit of equipment it was in Jordanthorpe, not sure if it is still trading. Not seen either of them for years now. I remember many a friday after work us all going for a few beers. So what hospital you at then.

12 Shops you did well then, it,s a shame they have all gone, not just yours some have survived I only buy my meat from a local butchers shop. Supermarkets take away everything. I havnt worked in the Nhs since 90,s did 17 yrs, got out before it all started getting to many chiefs & not enough Indians. I am not working at moment, Married two kids & two grandchildren to look after. Ian Married eric,s daughter didnt he?

The friday nights was great I dont think I have been in that pub since Then dosnt look like its changed though.

Dixon lane is like a ghost town now it was all hussle & bussle, Do you remember Margaret shouting all day long selling her fruit, she used to make me laugh

are you married any kiddies etc