Walk from Grindleford to Dore or Totley - Now on Sun 14 Jan

WALK NEXT SUNDAY 14 JAN. SUBJECT TO WEATHER CONDITIONS

Walk next Sunday. 14 January.

Walk to start at Grindleford station. But if you do not want to climb the hillside path, Get to Fox House and meet at Longshaw lodge cafe at approx 13.00hrs. The walk will not stop here but continue towards the Long Pole entrance gate-way to Longshaw. Then subject to the prevailing weather conditions it will go either via Lady's Cross, Etc. or directly across Totley Moors via Moss Road. If you intend to meet at the Longshaw Lodge Cafe please let me know by 10.00am. on Sunday 14 January.

Train leaves Sheffield Midland at 11.43am or Dore at 11.52am to Grindleford.

Fare from Dore. £1.45 single.

Planned walk route: Up Padley to Longshaw Lodge, Long Pole, White Edge, Lady's Cross, Totley Moss, The Sheep Fold, The Grid Point, The Cairn on Brown Edge, then the Path under Brown Edge to Moss Road, Dropping down to either Totley, Totley Brook or Dore. Finishing about 3.30.

Mug of Tea or Coffee to finish the walk off at my house.

After the first hill up to Longshaw Lodge, the walk is mainly flat or down hill

Return home by 98 Bus from Totley Brook via Abbeydale to City or 30 bus from Dore via Encliffe to City. Bus time departures:- No.98. from Totley Brook to City on the 20 or 50 Minute past the hour. No.30. from Dore at 45 Minute past the hour to city.

All welcome, including dogs. Flask and a Snack useful. No booze.

If the walk is called off. I'll post a notice on this thread on Sunday between 8.30 - 9.00am.

Please note The Sheffield Forum Policy.

We have been asked to make it very clear that any meet-up is not endorsed or officially organised by the forum. This is due to obvious legal issues if someone was to go missing, be injured, etc. The forum's opinion is that people should never meet each other via this or any other web site. In the event that people choose to ignore this advice, as already happens with the social drinking meet-ups, that is their concern and the consequences are their responsibility.

Count me in for this one. Had to miss feargals new year wonder due to the dreaded man flu which is now going !

Will be getting train from Sheffield to Dore, hope there will be others going so can meet them there, if not see you at Dore...

How steep is the walk by the way ?

Count me in for this one. Had to miss feargals new year wonder due to the dreaded man flu which is now going !

Will be getting train from Sheffield to Dore, hope there will be others going so can meet them there, if not see you at Dore...

How steep is the walk by the way ?

Fairly easy after the first incline up Padley Gorge to Lawrence Field,Longshaw.

No booze

I bet Meaks and Kristian won't be going on this one! :hihi:

I'm back on radio show duty so I'll have to pass too :(

Sounds grand Mr Smith, but I'm away this weekend so can't join you.

Can you post details of any others coming up please! :thumbsup:

I've been asked to say that Taxman will be attending too. He'll be getting the train from Sheffield and so will see Grissom at the station.

I've been asked to say that Taxman will be attending too. He'll be getting the train from Sheffield and so will see Grissom at the station.

Shall I bring my P60?!!

Shall I bring my P60?!!

I can only hope that the expected rain keeps off

What ever, I'm sure all wil enjoy the walk.

Cool :thumbsup:

Walk next Sunday. 7 January. Walk to start in Grindleford, but if getting there by public transport we can meet en route.

Train leaving Sheffield Midland at 11.43am or Dore at 11.52am Station to Grindleford. Fare from Dore £1.45 single.

Walk route: Up Padley to Longshaw,Long Pole, White Edge, Lady's Cross, Totley Moss Sheep Fold, The Grid Point, Cairn on Brown Edge then Path under Brown Edge to Moss Road, Dropping down to either Totley, Totley Brook or Dore. Finishing about 3.30.

Mug of Tea or Coffee to finish the walk off at my house.

All welcome, including dogs.

Flask and a Snack useful. No booze. If the walk is called off I'll post a notice on this thread next Sunday between 8.30 - 9.00am.

Please note The Sheffield Forum Policy.

We have been asked to make it very clear that any meet-up is not endorsed or officially organised by the forum. This is due to obvious legal issues if someone was to go missing, be injured, etc. The forum's opinion is that people should never meet each other via this or any other web site. In the event that people choose to ignore this advice, as already happens with the social drinking meet-ups, that is their concern and the consequences are their responsibility.

Due to the worsening weather conditions checked since 6.00 this morning I have very reluctantly, called today’s walk OFF.

With the approval of the Walk Group leader it will be held next Sunday 14 January 2007.

A posting will be made during this week regarding this.

Cheers, will get back in bed and dream of walk next week :)