Sign in to follow this  

Asthma and duck feather duvets..

are they really bad for you?

i only have mild asthma and love my new very expensive duvet but when i told my mum what i treated mesen to in the sales she started going on about it being bad for me...

i cant really tell if it is or not as i have got that flu/cold going around :(

The thing is- feather and down duvets will only set your asthma and allergies off if they set them off. Plenty of people are just not allergic to them at all- and that includes many people with asthma and allergies.

My doctor was almost apoplectic about me getting cats when I have asthma, because my dad is very very ill when he's in contact with animals, but most fur and feathers just don't affect my asthma at all. The only animal I've found that sets off my asthma was my tarantula.

I wouldn't worry at all about it if you're healthy- and I'd wait until you're free of cold or virus to judge it.

I can't say they are for all people with allergies but, we had to dispose of ours as my son has nose bleeds if sleeping under feathers of any kind. My husband has severe asthma though and it didn't bother him.

Just see how you are with it. I have bad asthma and I have duck feather pillows and Im fine but Im allergic to just about everything else like cats for instance. You might be ok, just give it a try

they kill me went camping one day lent brothers feather sleeping bag i never slept and couldn't breath sore throat the lot never again

cheers guys, think i will keep using it but if my cold/flu couugh hasnt goone in a week switch back to my old duvet to see if that helps!

muchos gracius :)

you can get duvet undercovers that keep allergens at bay, so don't give up on it straight away if you think it's giving you the snuffles ;)