Wanted home for german shepherd 18 months old (again)

up to you alirosdan but they recommend not getting another until the pup is a bit older... after 6 months they start going through all sorts of difficult stages lol

Takara was about a year when we got Eddy who is an old man so we didn't worry too much. If we were going to get a young dog with her we'd have waited til at least 18 months.

Obviously up to you - two dogs is great but pups after 6 months can be difficult as it is lol. Then again, he could be suitable for you because he's already 6 months but he's still got a long way to go remember ;)

Thanks everyone for all your help and the pms with even more help and advice offered, i`m passing it all on to the people concerned. It`s awful that the breakup of a family can lead to something like this and it`s good to know that there are so many people who care.

I`ve just been told that the police are very interested in him and are going out to see him later on this week so with a bit of luck he will have both a new home and also a job to look forward to, i`ll let you know how he gets on and if they decide to take him - he may just be too soft but you never know.

Alirosdan keep an eye on this thread and i`ll update it with the latest news in case they don`t take him and you still want to consider it, i`d take him myself but i really would struggle with three as i`ve already got two, one of ours was a recent addition from a rescue and they`re getting on really well so far, it`s just the cat that we need to keep an eye on as the cat is top dog in our house :hihi:

do consider the police or prison service as options. sounds like he would be a possible suitable candidate for them. I have known one 2 year old GSD before taken on by the prison service from owners who could no longer keep him and he led a long and happy working life.

do consider the police or prison service as options. sounds like he would be a possible suitable candidate for them. I have known one 2 year old GSD before taken on by the prison service from owners who could no longer keep him and he led a long and happy working life.

A gsd going to the police sounds like a perfect situation, it would get several hours of exercise and stimulation every day, something even the best of owners cant readily offer.

Good news!!!!

The police want him, they went out to see him yesterday and they are going back to pick him up today!!

Thanks for all your help everyone :clap::banana:

I'm so pleased he's found a new home :)

just out of curiosity - did the police approach the owner or the other way round?

Bad news :(

After saying he was ideal the police went back the next day with a van to collect him and he wouldn`t get in it so they wouldn`t take him!

Apparently he likes to go in the car so he either didn`t like the look of the van or he knew he was being taken away.

So once again 18 month old gsd needs a new home!

The owner has more or less decided that rather than share him he needs a permanant loving home with a lot more space than he has now so please everyone keep him in mind.

In answer to your question Strix the owner approached the police i believe.

I've edited your title slightly so people who've read he's got a home know he hasn't ;)

Oh such a shame he wouldn't go with them, you would have thought they could find a way :confused: good luck in finding him a very special home :thumbsup:

Thanks Strix for editing the title, i know what you mean moonbird if he didn`t like the van it should be something that could be overcome quickly with the right approach, i suspect he knew he was going.

Never mind , everything happens for a reason and this may mean there`s a better home for him somewhere else hopefully.

I`m going to see if someone can get a pic to me later although i suspect it`ll take a while, i`ll post one if i`m sucessful.