Sign in to follow this  

Urgent Cheapish B&B Accom needed!

Hi All,

We are relocating to the Sheffield area very soon however my husband starts his new job in Sheffield on the 9th June. The rental house we have applied for will not be available until 23rd June so he needs temporary accomodation in Sheffield or close to J34 for Mon - Thurs nights for the next 2 weeks.

I found a site that listed city centre B&B's starting from £16 - £20 per night but now can not locate it. Can anyone assist with a B7B portal or does anyone know of a good but well priced B&B in either the city or towards J34.

Thanks

Belinda

The Tourist Information office has a booklet but it doesn't list anywhere near J34 - their 'phone number is 0114 2211900.

From www.sheffieldcity.co.uk

Crown inn (Public House)

21 Meadowhall Road, Meadowhall, S9 1BS

Telephone: 0114 243 1319

Fax: 0114 243 1319

4.5 miles E of city centre

Singles: 1 Doubles: 4 up to £20

The telephone number for the tourist information centre is correct but difficult to get through to. There is not much in the area around junction 34, some of the accommodation named in some of the messages is of dubious quality. If you have transport, you might be better looking around the Hillsborough area - Coniston Guest House - tel: 0114 233 9680 or try around Junction 35 (about 5 minutes drive from J34) - Norfolk Arms (pub with good accommodation) - tel: 0114 240 2016. Contact me at [email protected] if you need any further help.

Hello Missy B - I know who you are - its the Sussex girl here!

Try the Sandpiper hotel in Chesterfield. We wanted to stay there when we were looking but couldn't get a booking. When we stayed in Sheffield recently we stayed in the Riverside Court Hotel near Blonk Street which was ok. The rooms were clean and all ensuite, each floor has its own kitchen so hubby can save money on eating out if he needs to and the hotel has little extras like a shop and bar (unusual for a budget place)

Parking isn't good there but the hotel will pay for NCP parking if you need it which is literally 2 minutes walk away.

We were advised for longer stays the hotel will provide generous discounts too so you can pay on a weekly rather than a daily basis.

I'm afraid I can't remember the number but if you use a search engine you should come up with the goods.

Good luck anyway!