Cross Stitching - Have you ever felt like branching out?

A nice form of embroidery to try are the Rowandean embroideries. The finished pictures look very complicated but in fact are relatively easy to do. They produce both small and large kits and are well worth trying (also addictive when you've done one!)

Anne

Do you know of a site that sells them so we can have a look?

http://www.rowandean.com

This is the link for Rowandean embroideries. If you click on catalogue 2007 all the kits are listed in size categories. I would suggest starting with a small one and they aren't difficult but very effective. The instructions in each pack are very clear and there are plenty of threads if you make a mistake.

Anne

Thx for the link :thumbsup: They look really good, I like the cat ones! I am sure i've seem this before, a picture in a hospital or somewhere i'm sure it was :confused:

So how many of these have you done yourself Annemeg?

So Hecate, have you found something you want to try yet?

I went to a needle craft show at the Birmingham NEC last year and I was looking for an alternative to cross stitch, but which had a similar style.

I attended a workshop and had a go at blackwork. The technique is like backstitch on a cross stitch picture. It was very enjoyable and theraputic, the finished effect is stunning, and when alternating between cross stitch and black work I find I never get bored of the same thing.

I do Black work along side my cross stitch , i did try some long stitch and really enjoyed it .

I am not sure how to do free hand stuff though

I think blackwork looks really good, never tried it myself yet though.

I have done 3 victorian ladies , they look really good at my mums in her dining room lol

I love cross stitch and think I am one of the rare people that enjoy doing the backstitch element of it which led me into taking up Blackwork too. I've also dabbled in Bargello work which grows really quickly. I've also tried a couple of latch hook kits

You have kept yourself busy :) Do you have a favourite theme or designer that you stitch?

For Quick stitches, I love designs by the likes of Lizzie Kate, Waxing Moon and Bent Creek, but for larger projects I love wildlife pictures, mainly safari animals etc