Alternator Reconditioning Place near West Bar?

Hope it goes o.k.

If your happy remember to recommend them to your friends. I only discovered them after a mate told me how good they were !

Daft question is your dad called Frank?

Cetainly will reccommend them if all goes well. I am a firm believer in that process.

Hehe...my dad is in Leeds and isnt called Frank I am afraid:hihi:

Why do you ask?

An old guy I used to work with (called Frank), asked me ages ago if I new a place that did alternators. His son had a mitsubishi that kept having problems.

I recommended Chapmans, but Frank kept forgetting where it was. In the end I wrote it down for him.

Perhaps he should have asked me when we weren't in the pub!:hihi: :hihi:

I am still not sure if Chapmans remove the faulty unit from your car, or do you have to have it removed first and take the alternator in to them?

Can anyone advise me on this? If they dont take them out themselves, I will have to arrange for my local garage to do it. Its an alternator that requires an engine mounting being removed I think:(

There is no space around the engine at all, its all shoe-horned in there! Hehe

Chapmans would perfer it removed if you can but they can do it if required I think its about £30 to remove and refit

Hello everyone,

I wonder if anyone might be able to help me out with a small but important problem I have with removing and installing the alternator on a Peugoet 406 coupe 3.0L-V6-24v?

Deepest gratitude,

Pradi

Hi all

Ages ago someone told me about a company down near West Bar that reconditions alternators on cars. I cant remember the company name though, and wondered if anyone knew of them?

I have a Mitsubishi FTO car, and my alternator is not kicking out enough current to keep my battery topped up. Every three or four weeks, I have to charge the battery up. Getting to be a pain now, so may get the thing reconditioned if possible. I have had other cars where the alternator went completely, needing a full replacement, but this one is still ok, just short on output volts, so I hope its salvageable.

Any ideas as to the company name would be great, or any alternative ones too!

Cheers

Bibble

I have just had a problem with my alternator (4.4 petrol range rover). A new replacement was going to cost me around £500!!! However, Roger at Champmans carried out a repair/refurbishment with a turnaround time of less than 24 hours for £60.00! What a saving and what a nice man. A gent. Thanks.

I have used Chapmans in the past. No gimmicks, straight honest repair / overhaul at a reasonable cost.

I have used Chapmans in the past. No gimmicks, straight honest repair / overhaul at a reasonable cost.

I would like to second that, Roger and his dad are solid blokes

I took altenater off my BMW tis a great big lump it is and took it to them after explaining what I thought was wrong with it.

Thinking it was just the bearings siezed. Roger took a look at it and said sorry mate you need a new one, no quibbles.

No I think I can do this or that just I needed a new one.

The whole insides (windings) were shot.

Asked him how much I owed and he said "nowt" I will give him something for a drink but you can't beat better than nowt!!!!

yes I was suprised to honest people still around, well I was so shocked I had to let people know.

My daughters boyfriend works at a garage and I will be telling him to give them a bit of business defo

I used Roy and Roger at Chapmans for 30yrs and took a lot of work to them,they are always straight and honest and reliable and tell you how it is.Chapmans have been in business for over 50yrs and they can do alternators and starters in the dark I personaly would never use anyone else for this kind of work.

Chapmans is definately the name that was mentioned to me, I remember it now. One thing, if anyone knows - do they remove the alternator from the car for you if they are going to do the job? In other words, do they have automotive technicians there in addition to the staff who do the alternator reconditioning?

I've used Chapmans a few months ago on recommendation of a friend (he's used them for years) - they do require you to take the alternator off the vehicle and hand it over the counter for reconditioning.

A good, down to earth honest little business, not many around like them :thumbsup:

And yes . Mr Draggletail . Your friend really did send some bad starter motors to them . However they fixed them very quickly