Sign in to follow this  

Recycle Bin trouble....

OMG.....I figured it out....

The problem was being caused by a 'virtual' drive I created w/a program called 'Fantom CD.' I use it so I can play my games w/out having to have the CD in the disc drive. Once I basically "ejected" the 'CD' out of the virtual drive I could empty the recycyle bin.

I can't believe I did that.....makes me feel stupid. :P

Thanks for the help man...sorry if I caused you any sort of inconvience.

Glad you got it sorted. Sounds like a weird solution though...

Whats also weird is that you don't have the attrib command. You may find you have problems in the future as I'm thinking you probably don't have C:\WINDOWS\system32 in your path, which is where the attrib program lives.

Let me know if you would like me to tell you how to put it back. I think it would be a good idea... its quite simple.

I use Alcohol 120% for virtual CD / DVD drives, and never had a problem and can highly recommend it.

Ya.....I knew something was up when attrib was not working. I knew it was a proper command, and am fairly sure I have had to use it before. I checked the system32 folder, and attrib.exe is in there.

So, as you said, something must not be set right. I would greatly appreciate it if you would tell me how to fix it....I could probaly find it by myself eventually, but it would go a lot faster w/some help. :)

To Al, thanks for the tip.....I probaly check out that Alcohol 120%. :)

Make sure you are logged on as an administrator.

Start, settings, control panel, system, advanced tab, environment variables.

Then in System variables at the bottom, scroll to find Path. Click it, then click edit, add 'C:\WINDOWS\system32;' to the start of it (without the quotes, directories must be separated by a semi-colon). Click OK a few times.

The go a command prompt and test it :)

Glad to be of help.

WOOHOO! It works. Thanks a million man. :)