The First Trimester 0 - 3 months ish

hi

im due mid april 20th, but im worried about this pregnancy.when i was expecting jacqueline i was worried that the head wouldnt come out but she came out ok, with this one im worried that its bigger than the first and that the head wont come out and that they'll have to cut a few inches down below which scares me. operation etc scares me.

hi

im due mid april 20th, but im worried about this pregnancy.when i was expecting jacqueline i was worried that the head wouldnt come out but she came out ok, with this one im worried that its bigger than the first and that the head wont come out and that they'll have to cut a few inches down below which scares me. operation etc scares me.

I can't help feeling that giving women the function of bearing babies was one of God's design faults. Now if only us guys could have babies, I'll wager that not only would we cope with the pain a lot better, but we would also be up and about in a few hours and playing football. :hihi: :hihi:

if u say so mate am female an i know loads of guys that wud moan bout labour pain

anyone want to buy a pram

Hi

I've spoken to a lot of you before about pregnancy stuff (- hi again!)

Just reading through these replies I'm a little concerned that I haven't had what I should have had from the Midwives to date. I'm due on 30 June so am 23 weeks pregnant. I have had 2 scans and two lots of blood tests. Still have had no forms or certificates (either the MAT-something; the one you give to your employer - at 20 weeks, I thought? - or the free prescritions/dentist thingy) No mention of antenatal classes or ward tours and no discussion yet about where I'd like to have my baby.

If anyone else is at the 20 week or beyond stage, could you let me know what I should have had up to now? I have an appointment next week with the Midwife so want to go armed with information!

Cheers!

Hiya Babymb and everyone else!

Don't worry too much (this is rich coming from Ms Neurotic here)! I'm 24 weeks now and i've had two scans (10 and 21 weeks). I had a 'booking' appointment at 15 weeks at the Jessops where they did all the regular blood tests etc and apart from the second scan (annomally scan I think they call it now) i've had nothing else.

Mine was an un-planned pregnancy and i'm the wrong side of 40 (shhh don't tell anyone) :hihi: I had my daughter 23 years ago and had an awful birth experience resulting in an emergency caesarian and I swore blind i'd never ever go through that again (even though I totally adore children).

I'm totally thrilled about being pregnant but i'm not enjoying the pregnancy as much as I should be doing because I worry about the slightest thing. I'm still not up to my pre-pregnancy weight as I lost a fair bit in the first couple of months (though I wasn't sick or anything).

Everytime I start to think about labour and things like that I start to have a panic attack. The pain isn't what is worrying me (though i'll be first in line for anything to reduce it) I've just got it into my head that I'll have a uterine rupture or something and i'm going to die in childbirth :(

Hels that strikes me as being absolutely and totally absurd. Time to think positive methinks.

I can't help feeling that giving women the function of bearing babies was one of God's design faults. Now if only us guys could have babies, I'll wager that not only would we cope with the pain a lot better, but we would also be up and about in a few hours and playing football. :hihi: :hihi:

If, by some wierd stroke of evolution, it was men who became pregnant and gave birth, the human race would have died out shortly afterwards.

It's not really that absurd. The risk of uterine rupture for VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarian) is approximately 1% - not hugely common but 1 in 100 is still something to cause concern. Also brain haemorrage isn't that uncommon either - particularly as pregnancy carries the risk of pre-eclampsia (dangerously high blood pressure). Pregnant women are also a higher risk of deep vein thrombosis too (higher than when taking the contraceptive pill).

I've had these fears for many years but as this is the first time i've been pregnant since having a caesarian i've not had to face them before. The thing is, whenever I say anything everyone (including the midwife and doctor) just brush it off as me being silly and irrational. I just wish someone would take my concerns slightly seriously and give me some objective information about what exactly my personal risk factor is, what (if anything) I can do to reduce it, and what action will be taken if something goes wrong.

Sorry if this sounds really depressing, SO.... on the positive side - I'm having a boy! I'm so excited!

Hels darling, congratulations! on your impending motherhood; I am in the same situation, and just the other side of 40. :thumbsup:

I had a crash c-section with my first and an ecstatic un-medicated natural birth with my second only 19 months later.

Your scar is as strong after 6 months as it is ever going to be. The chances of your NOT having a uterine rupture are 99% and if you were taking a plane and those were it's chances of not crashing, my guess is that you'd board as normal.

What I found with my first is that I focused on what I DIDN'T want, thereby drawing it to me. With my second, lesson learned, I concentrated on a happy natural birth with no complications and lo, it blew my mind. Think about a trouble free positive birth and focus on good thoughts.

Our bodies are genetically programmed to do this job, the species would have died out years ago otherwise, and we CAN do it and women all over the world do it every day. Think about your grandmothers and their grandmothers... they did it, or you wouldn't be here.

You will be fine. Fine. Fine.

Awww thank you.

I just can't wait to have my little baby home and safe with me.

Hey I was laying in the bath yesterday and saw my tummy moving around! It's so wierd and wonderful isn't it?!

Hels Lizzmobile said exactly what I wanted to say and far better so that's what I meant.