The First Trimester 0 - 3 months ish

update on my visit to the midwife. Me and my husband got to hear baby's heartbeat. It was brilliant!

I also mentioned the homebirth and she supported the idea, she also half reassured my husband for now. But he knows that I've already made up my mind. So now it's just a matter of him accepting it!

Excellent! Good Luck!!

Hi, I am due to be induced on 15th October at Jessops and wanted to know about others experience of this. I was induced with my eldest but that was 16 years ago and I can't remember what it was like. I've heard people say that induced labour is more painful than when it happens spontaneously, any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sully's mum

I don't know because I wasn't induced, but my friend was induced and was talked into having an epidural before being induced, because they said it would be more painful. I think it is because it brings on your contractions quicker and stronger than they would come naturally.

Hello,

A new Home Birth support group has started up recently. The first meeting is on 21st November and will be attended by midwives and people who have had home births. If you are thinking about a home birth, you might be interested in coming along!

I've had two home births and they were both brilliant :D

Stella

great! Where is the meeting going to take place please?

Thankfully I didn't need my induction as my son made a very speedy entry into the world on 12th October, I nearly had him in the reception of Jessops! He had to go to special care for a while as he had a very high temperature and rapid heart rate so instead of coming home straight away as I had planned I spent 4 nights in there. Everyone one I came across was incredibly helpful and supportive, my experience this time was very positive and I can't say enough good things about the staff I encountered.

Sully's mum

Thankfully I didn't need my induction as my son made a very speedy entry into the world on 12th October, I nearly had him in the reception of Jessops! He had to go to special care for a while as he had a very high temperature and rapid heart rate so instead of coming home straight away as I had planned I spent 4 nights in there. Everyone one I came across was incredibly helpful and supportive, my experience this time was very positive and I can't say enough good things about the staff I encountered.

Sully's mum

oooooo CONGRATS!!!! :D:thumbsup::partyhat:

i have nausea, dizzyness, swollen feet and an urge to knit... does that count??? :(:suspect::confused:

I have the morning sickness kicking in badly now!!

It occurs to me that the pregnancy thread could go one step further - how about the pregnant ladies coming to Jellytots too? (You must have heard about it by now, I've wittered on about it on enough threads)

You can meet other mums to be and also meet other new mums and a few with older ones too.

If anyone's interested I shall make sure we have a suitable proviso for you, extra milk to keep the acid reflux at bay? Extra choccie biccies to keep your energy reserves up? Hah - extra loo roll for those endless visits to the ladies too.

Let me know if you're interested :)

i have nausea, dizzyness, swollen feet and an urge to knit... does that count??? :(:suspect::confused:

Does that mean you're 'in the club' Em?

It occurs to me that the pregnancy thread could go one step further - how about the pregnant ladies coming to Jellytots too? (You must have heard about it by now, I've wittered on about it on enough threads)

Whats Jellytots - No im not joking either - ive not read anything about it!