The First Trimester 0 - 3 months ish

I know there are a couple of pregnant women forumers, but when's your baby due?

How's everything going with ante-natal stuff?

Mines due mid May, although I haven't had an antenatal class yet.

I'm due at the end of June, antenatal classes are at the start of May and labour ward tour in a couple of weeks!

Kathryn

x

Mine's due towards the end of June. Think the ante-natal class is early June. Not heard anything about a tour of the labour ward though - did your midwife arrange it for you?

you will get a tour of the labour ward when you go to the anti-natal classes they arrange that for you!!!!

The ante-natal class is a one day thing at the Northern General and I don't think it includes a tour. I'm sure they'll arrange something though - i'm absolutely petrified of the 'birth' bit. Might find out more about the 'hypno-birthing' thing.

It's all a bit confusing, someone said "have an epidural, you don't have any pain, it's the best thing going" then someone else said: "don't have an epidural because you can't move around once you have one so you can't get in the most comfortable position"

HI Hels,

I believe it depends on the type of monitoring they do during the epidural. If there's a monitor on the babies head then you have to stay on the bad but an 'active' labour means you can walk around. I think it comes down to length of labour, possibility of risk and stress etc as to whether they'll want to monitor your baby.

HTH. Still hoping to meet up for coffee one day.

Take care of you :)

Hels, I think you will be doing the samething as me. I will be attending a one off antenatal class at Northern General Hospital ran by my midwifes. She said that because I wouldn't be having the antenatal classes at the Jessops Hospital, they would arrange a seperate appointment with Jessops nearer the time to have a look around the labour ward.

I'm due at the beginning of September. I have said I don't want an epidural, and I'm thinking of having a water birth, but will see, depends on what they tell me about the epidural at the classes.

i am due on 5th june but might be havin her in may as i might need another c-section hels do u want the pram o any one else want t o buy a brand new three wheeler pram i have decided i want a double pram as my eldest is only 19 mths old an he relies on his pram alot wen he tired i am askin for £40 for the pram its never been use di paid £60 on ebay for it

My baby is due on Sunday!!

I am planning to have another homebirth, my son was born at home too.

Good luck to you all.I have three little darlings,the youngest is 2 1/2.I think she's my last but ,I am secretly feeling a bit brudey again, so can't help looking into these threads!

Mine were all born at home and the births were as enjoyable and relaxing as giving birth possibly can be! Ow !! I tried a mouth full of gas and air but it just tasted like a poison, so just used the tens machine which was a welcome distraction.

My top tip is gardeners foam knee pads, as I ended up feeling most comfortable knelt on the floor with my head leaning into a chair.(which ended up with a few teeth marks towards the end!)I'm not trying to put you off! most satisfying experience in life!I also used arnica(homeopathic tablet for bruising) whilst in labour so baby also got a dose, and my body was ready to heal during and immediately after the birth.

I would deffinately reccomend a home birth to anyone considering it.You don't have to worry about not having all your comfort things(which will proberbly never get used!)with you in your hospital bag.You feel in controll of the situation rather than a patient in a hospital.And you have two midwives with you, who don't rush off to look after other patients.Your not tempted to do all the drugs on offer in hospital,when full on labour really hurts,and personally I was really proud of myself(particlary first time, how I made this beatiful new person,just like any other natural animal would!with no intervention.The father can bond as the mother does, and doesn't have to stick to any visiting hours.It's less traumatic for younger siblings if Mummy doesn't go a way for a few days and return in a few days with a new baby,far less jelousy.I could go on and on...Yes I'm very pro homebirth if there is no medical reason which could endanger mother or baby.Anyway good luck all!

I know there are a couple of pregnant women forumers, but when's your baby due?

How's everything going with ante-natal stuff?

:) Hello! I am about 11 weeks pregnant so am due about the end of September roughly but I wont know for sure until I have my scan in a few weeks. If you want to chat to me about anything you are more than welcome :)