Any Housley Or Houseleys Out There?

Researching all Yorkshire Housley Houseley Howsley, are there

any out there.

I have been tracing my family tree for a few years and I have a Frank Housley born 1889/90 South Yorks died at Passschendale 24th Oct 1917 aged 26. He was my Great Uncle. My Great Aunt lived till she was 81 and never remarried. If you have any info about his earlier life I would be grateful if you would let me know. Thanks Anita

would you mind asking him he was related to Frederick& mary housley ,married in 1942. I se e you are from warmsworth, would you believe ,that although i am talking to you from the west of Ireland ,we come from Conisborough,before moving to Hatfield. came over here8 years ago.

i used to knowa wendy housley many years ago she used to live acrossthe road from me on the manor if i can remember her mums name was doreen and her dad alf.she alss had a brother whosename i cannot recall. her mum usedto help out at prince edwards school as ateachers assistant

I have been tracing my family tree for a few years and I have a Frank Housley born 1889/90 South Yorks died at Passschendale 24th Oct 1917 aged 26. He was my Great Uncle. My Great Aunt lived till she was 81 and never remarried. If you have any info about his earlier life I would be grateful if you would let me know. Thanks Anita

May have info,

Will send a PM

I knew a Jill Housley lived on Greenwood Road, Littledale in the late 60's and 70's (born 1963/4). She went to Acres Hill and later, Waltheof School.

Hi Housleys from another Housley in deepest Southern Hampshire. I have contact with other Housleys across the UK and have a Line goping back to several in Ecclesfield including Isaac Housley (Howsley) 1748-1823, married to Elizabeth Wright 1758-1772 and his father Joseph 1718-1803 and his wife Martha Bailey 1773-1786 and his father Joseph Housley 1688-1777 married to Susan Hurst c1690-1743. I have ended up with a list of names and would welcome more but would dearly like to know more ie what did they do for a living. All extra info most welcome and I would be happy to exchange the info I have plus photographs of more recent family (from gtgrandparents including actresses)

Gordon

Hi Housleys from another Housley in deepest Southern Hampshire. I have contact with other Housleys across the UK and have a Line goping back to several in Ecclesfield including Isaac Housley (Howsley) 1748-1823, married to Elizabeth Wright 1758-1772 and his father Joseph 1718-1803 and his wife Martha Bailey 1773-1786 and his father Joseph Housley 1688-1777 married to Susan Hurst c1690-1743. I have ended up with a list of names and would welcome more but would dearly like to know more ie what did they do for a living. All extra info most welcome and I would be happy to exchange the info I have plus photographs of more recent family (from gtgrandparents including actresses)

Gordon

I have some history for the actresses.

My mate Eddie Housley is the landlord of the Coach and Horses at Chapeltown.

hi guys Herbert Housley who wrote grinders and buffers was my great grans nephew and his father Herbert snr was my great grans brother ,also Eddie Housley that has got the Coach and Horses at Chapeltown is my wifes uncle. My wife does alot of family history and genealogy and would probably be able to help.

Hi Retep, we have 'spoken' before on here. My 5th great grandmother was Hannah Housley (1750 - 1845 Sheffield) and she was married to a Joseph Oldale (10 Sep 1748 - May 1803 Sheffield) and had at least 9 children.

Jay.

Hi. I have read Bert Houseley's book and feel we must have bumped into each other , we are the same age and frequented all the places he mentions, City Hall ,Cutlers .mon; thurs; sat; nights dances ,happy memories Arthur.

Hi Retep, we have 'spoken' before on here. My 5th great grandmother was Hannah Housley (1750 - 1845 Sheffield) and she was married to a Joseph Oldale (10 Sep 1748 - May 1803 Sheffield) and had at least 9 children.

Jay.

Is this the marriage

Hannah Housley--Joseph Ouldale 4 jan 1771 Sheff.