Any Housley Or Houseleys Out There?

My great great grandmother was Georgiana Anne Housley born 1826 and married at St Stevens in 1851 to a Mark Rooke I'd love to know where she was born and the names of her parents I seem to be unable to find them.

I think Georgiana is down as just Geo on the 1841 census - mother is Mary - its the same as one the 1851 census where mother Mary is down as widow.

there is a marriage on the IGI 3 June 1816 of William Housley to a Mary Greaves which may be worth pursuing. On the 1841 census there are siblings, Jane,Joseph, and William

Hi Jacqueline

Do you have any Housley, Nash, Marlow or Nolans in your family line?

I used to know a Corporal Coulson in Cyprus 1967-9 when I was in the RAF, is he any relation to you?

It is amazing what you uncover when you start digging.

Regards johnfh

I have a photo of my grandad Harry Moore (who lived at 309 Petre St) with a family called Houseley who must have been near neighbours on Petre St. It would be taken about 1944 shortly before he died I think.

grandadhousleys.jpg

I have a photo of my grandad Harry Moore (who lived at 309 Petre St) with a family called Houseley who must have been near neighbours on Petre St. It would be taken about 1944 shortly before he died I think.

grandadhousleys.jpg

There is a George Housley on the opposite side of the street

1948 dir.

309 Mrs. Mary MOORE

246 Geo. HOUSLEY

I think Georgiana is down as just Geo on the 1841 census - mother is Mary - its the same as one the 1851 census where mother Mary is down as widow.

there is a marriage on the IGI 3 June 1816 of William Housley to a Mary Greaves which may be worth pursuing. On the 1841 census there are siblings, Jane,Joseph, and William

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply.

PaddyO - are you still looking for Frederick J Housley?

---------- Post added 11-12-2012 at 10:57 ----------

My GtUncle was John Vincent Nolan, his daughter Mary married Frederick Joseph Housley on 1st September 1942, he was 23 years old,& was a clerk in the steelworks,& lived at 69 fircroft avenue.His fathers name was Frederick James Housley,occupation was an electrician.Does any one know if these people are still around, or did they have any family. i have been trying to trace them for several years.As i live in Ireland now,it is very difficult.

Frederick Housley was my Grandad - he died in Boston Hospital England in 1998 after retiring to Lincolnshire.

His wife, my Nanna died peacefully 20th December 2011 in a residential home in Spalding.

Nanna was Mary Nolan, only daughter of John Vincent Nolan who ran the Halfway House Pub 211-213 Attercliffe Road Sheffield which was bombed on the 15th December 1940.

Would be good to have a tree for the Nolans from Mary back.

Thanks in anticipation.

I remember a Linda Housely that used to live on the same road as me in Tinsley. . . . .

Wow,I wonder what happened to her??

grandadhousleys.jpg

John - Would the young girl in the picture be Barbara Moore? It seems to me Barbara lived in the Petre St area if I remember correctly.

My grandma was an Housley...her name was Edith, and I think the family came from the Cross...she had a sister called Connie...I'm sure there are others but can barely remember.

Jayne

I think I remember a Shirley Housley that lived in the Pitsmoor/Burngreave area in the early 50's, she had a friend by the name of Joyce Candlin.

Came across this thread in a Google search. I am Mark Housley from Manchester where we appear to have come to from sheffield around 1900.

My tree as far as I can go (1851) looks something like this:

George (writing hard to read may be something else) -> Barnet -> Barnet -> Maurice -> John -> Me (all Housley).

Anyone who fits in that line or can provide more information, I would be happy to hear from.