Any Housley Or Houseleys Out There?

Thanks to everyone who posted. I will work my way through and try to get back to you. Barnet George Housley was my  Great Grandad and moved to Salford/Manchester circa 1899/1900. I believe Barnet was in the steel industry whilst in Sheffield but I have no idea what brought him to Salford/Manchester.

Thanks all much appreciated. X

I have this family in my ancestry.  I would suggest that Barnet moved to work at the large Salford Gas works.  George and Harriet Housley are my 3x grandparents.  who would be if my calculations are correct would be Barnets grandparents.

In relation to Anne Housley who died 1828 in Ecclesfield the burial register records her as an infant but unusually does not show the parents' names. Many family trees on line show this as the burial of Barnabas Housley's wife Anne.  Has this issue been reconciled by anyone?

58 minutes ago, Sheila Kirby said:

In relation to Anne Housley who died 1828 in Ecclesfield the burial register records her as an infant but unusually does not show the parents' names. Many family trees on line show this as the burial of Barnabas Housley's wife Anne.  Has this issue been reconciled by anyone?

What date do you have for the burial?

Thank you for replying.  Burial register is indistinct but it looks like 11 or 14 June 1828

9 hours ago, Sheila Kirby said:

Thank you for replying.  Burial register is indistinct but it looks like 11 or 14 June 1828

Anne was 77 the Housley grave is in the front part of the graveyard laid flat.

My wife had a relative who lived next door to a family called Housley on Holbrook Road on the Woodthorpe Estate.  Their house was the corner one at the junction of Holbrook Road & Ulley Road.  This would be mid 1960's to the late 1970's.

My wife can't remember the parents names but they had a son & daughter who she reckons would now be in their mid to late 70's or early 80's.  She seems to remember they were called Susan & Frank. 

Edited by Baron99

I knew a Janet  Housley  who lived on Fitzmaurice  rd.  Darnall  in the  50/60s.

Another Housley of interest is Barnet Housley who is shown in a great number of family trees  as marrying Ann Fearn, daughter  of Matthew and Fanny Fearn of Longford ,   in 1773.   Longford is some way from  Ecclesfield.  Matthew and Fanny's daughter Ann was born in Feb 1750 at Longford.  If this Ann was the one who married Barnet Housley  she would have been over 78 at death  June 1828. The previous post shows that the gravestone records her age as 77.  Although it seems a small difference  is this the correct Ann?

1 hour ago, Sheila Kirby said:

Another Housley of interest is Barnet Housley who is shown in a great number of family trees  as marrying Ann Fearn, daughter  of Matthew and Fanny Fearn of Longford ,   in 1773.   Longford is some way from  Ecclesfield.  Matthew and Fanny's daughter Ann was born in Feb 1750 at Longford.  If this Ann was the one who married Barnet Housley  she would have been over 78 at death  June 1828. The previous post shows that the gravestone records her age as 77.  Although it seems a small difference  is this the correct Ann?

The marriage would sort out if they were of the same parish, I don't have this, or have misplaced it, on the marriage of son Barnet/Barnard jnr. to Ann Ward it states both of this parish.

On 07/07/2021 at 09:51, Sheila Kirby said:

Found this amongst my notes.

St Mary Ecclesfield
Bernard Housley batchelor of the parish x
Ann Fearn spinster of the parish x
by banns 24 june 1773
witnessed by Matthew Stringer- and Benjamin Unwin jnr