Do men pull their weight around the house?

DaBouncer,

If you're bothered enough to ask, then you're probably not a male chauvinist pig. :lol:

My partner and I watched the same programme last night, and he said 'I know you do more around the house than I do, but these people have no respect for the people around them'. I gave him a massive hug for admitting that I do more around the house than he does, because just occassionally it gets on my nerves.

We do try to split everything up equally - I walk the dog twice a day and he does it twice a day. He mostly cooks, I do the dishes, he hoovers...ah, here's where it gets interesting - I clean every room in the house, he hoovers what little carpet we have :shock: . When I (rarely) cook, I wash the dishes. He sees no dust. He doesn't like stuff to be in total disarray, but it never occurs to him to tidy up. It must be a man thing. :lol: At least we both do our most hated chore together - grocery shopping. And neither of us would even consider ironing unless someone's getting married or being buried.

If I thought for one minute it was something he did purposely, I would kick his a** to the curb so fast he'd bounce. Instead, I know I can always get him to do something else for me, like walk the dog one of my goes, or take the car to the car-doctors, or fetch me home from a late meeting.

It's just not possible for the load always to be completely equal, but as long as one partner isn't trying to take advantage of the other, and no-one feels compelled to keep a running tally, it all works out.

My lovely young wife was a gorgeous thing i fell head over heels in love with her and had no regrets at all at getting married to her

When I was on part shifts and got home when she tried it came apart again immediately. We were a lovely young couple and so much in love.

She was so lovely and such a nice person, our little boy made our happiness complete at breakfast time before I went to work. We went to fetch the little boy from school across a busy main road at the end of Leppings lane.

Whilst I was at work, he got home and found his lovely mother was there and also his granmother too and his mother was waiting for him, his tea ready for him. She nalways went out to work and gave the us I had to thank her every day for helping us so much

Said she had confidence to face people, and when I was at work she took the little boy and went a walk in the park

Always at home to give us our meals, she went out at night to a show or visiting friends then perhaps calling for a drink somewhere in the country with some ladied she had known for many many years her brother lived close by and she used to visit him frequently in fact all her friends and relatives lived out there and they always congregated at someones house for a get together so that they could chat and dicuss old times with each other so that they were always up to date with the news and gossip because all their family are well known out there and if you mention their name to anyone who lives in the village they know who mean straight away and can talkto you about any of them with ease al there family are very gregorious and will always speak to whosoever will talk to them about any subject under the sun they are very well known catholics this has got to be one of the worst days of my life as just about everything has gone wrong that could go wrong and to top it all i have just had a bill for 72000pounds and i cant opay it so it depends on the law whether i go to jai or not as it is they who will decide on the matter

To top it all, she turned out to be a very special person and i didnt want to lose her so when i proposed i had my heart in my mouth for if she might turn me down

When our two children were babies, I used to make the feed, wash the nappies (the very large towelling ones) no disposables then, and every Sunday morning took them out in the pram for an hour.

what a wonderfull lady and oh so beautifull and sophisticated what a lovely person and so generous too i could spend the rest of my days with her and not regret one moment of it

Just a question Hal but what was she like BEFORE she had children???

Moon Maiden

Ta rara bumpteay our cats got muimps todays

My god!!! :shock:

Why on earth did you marry her then??? Ah well we live we learn

Moon Maiden

Perhaps it was the sex and they only started talking to each other after they were married.

Here's my situation...

I don't currently live with my girlfriend, so it's a little different. I work, she's a student (until a week on Thursday - yey)! I have a double bed, she doesn't - so I never stay at her house.

Anyway, I do almost all the cooking and washing up. I get drinks, etc... however, she'll do the drying up, my ironing and hang my washing up. When I'm at her house I do nothing just because that kinda even things out. I guess she feels cheeky making tea at mine, etc... (although she has done in the past).

We're moving in with each other this month. I think things will stay pretty much the same. I enjoy cooking. I don't mind washing up. I hate ironing and hanging clothes out. I don't mind hoovering and dusting, etc... I like DIY and doing any "manly" jobs (as DaBouncer puts it), so things will probably be evenly split - but I'll report back when I know for sure! :D

If ever there was a person who was so beautifull it is you my darling, when we are together it is just like heaven on earth.

You make my life so happy and contented, you are just like a tonic and so clever to be able to do the things that you can do.

Please do not ever leave me my sweetheart or I shall never recover and would spend my days in purgatory.

hey hey calm down hal, I don't think she meant any harm

Makes a change you being the peacemaker.

I'm a yankee doodle dandy a yankee doodle do or die

Hal, is there any reason for going off on one like that? I don't think she meant anything by it either mate.

I think you need to learn to be less touchy! :wow: